Idea For... Roof Rack/Homemade Roof Basket | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Idea For... Roof Rack/Homemade Roof Basket

Brian, for lights I run 4 100W square lights from Rugged Ridge...they are bright, seem to be well made, and were not too expensive. IIRC it was like 170 for all 4. They are also fully adjustable to angle them. Looks like I need to adjust the far right one a bit to straighten it up.

IMG_4959.jpg

No night beamshots yet, but will post some later.

Wanna trade explorers? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it makes the front end look taller imo

true true forgot about the BL .. but obviously its all up to you :thumbsup:

basket?

Ok. So the basket is finished and it all fits together(bit of a surprise). I just have to wait for it to stop raining EVERY DAY :rolleyes: so I can waterseal all the wood. Also bought stainless steel screws to hold it all together. It's set up for 4 floods on the front and 2 in the back for backing up. All the wiring is there, just need to buy the lights (still waiting on my amended tax return for some play money). Also bought a 12v remote to turn them on/off. Not sure if I want to wire the reverse floods into my reverse tailights or not yet... On that note however my 2-year old is now awake so I've got to scat. Pics up soon. Promise!

I cant wait for pics. This sounds good

any pictures? id love to see this thing in detail

I know you guys are waiting for the pics of this... There have only been like 4 days in the last few months that it hasn't rained or been really humid out.. I haven't been able to stain or seal it so it's just been sitting in my shed... Unfortunately it's been put on the back burner and been put off but hopefully the weather will cooperate with me and I can get it done..

y-u-no-meme-generator-brian-y-u-no-show-basket-6acf07.jpg

just giving ya a hard time:D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lol I'm standing in Home Depot as we speak trying to make up my mind between polyurethane or Thompsons Waterseal... Finishing it Sunday! (rain pending)

Ok, so do you like the light or the dark? I have the black/tan Eddie Bauer color scheme. Also, glossy or the way it is in the picture?

wood.jpg

Doing it Sunday, weather permitting.

Roof Basket.

I would like to see some pics when you are done. I am going to try and make my own but out of metal. I dont know exactly what I will use yet. Trying to get one of our fellow enthusiasts to send me a couple of pics of theirs so I can figure out how to build it easier. I will post pics of it when its finished, please do the same. My name is Brian also, with a i of course.

For color you should do the glossy tan eddie to stick with the scheme of your truck imo

Reddawg - let me know when you start fabricating. Maybe we can make one for my truck too

Wood Color

I think you should stick with the darker wood as well. I think the lighter wood would stick out like a sore thumb.. Good luck with that.

Will do Kazer. AS Soon as I get some good pics of a existing one then I can start, but I will surely let you know.

RAIN :splat:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All finished. Here it is in my living room. It's getting wired up tomorrow. I have to wait a few days until RadioShack gets more relays in stock to get power to it.

b6ecab26.jpg

What do you think?????

Back