Idea for the holes left over from the tupperware removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Idea for the holes left over from the tupperware removal

Idea for the holes left over from the tupperware removal on a XLT

I got a bunch of holes from the tupperware and Ive been wanting to fill them before they fill up with water and rust. Also it doesnt' look very good. I thought about using the expanding foam and filling them up. I might make them a little stronger and also no water can get in and no big holes on the bottom of the X. What do you guys think???????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nobody cares???????? LOL!

The problem with the expanding foam is that it will act like a giant sponge and invite more rust than left open. It will hold the water and cannot drain. There is really not a good solution. I would suggest a strip of good aluminum tape (used for heating and a\c duct work) Then I know I have seen thin moldings that someone makes aftermarket that takes the place of the flares. when painted body color, they are virtually invisible. Good luck, Paxton

Take it to a body shop and have them welded up.

The place that does a lot of our striping and decal work has this stuff they put on the floor of boats so it won't be so slick. I am thinking of having them put that on just to get by since it is black it will blend in with the sliders I have.

I still haven't decided what I want to do either. I should weld them up and repaint it and then it is done.

Thanks for the info Perry. One question for you, how do you like your Power trax no slip? I've been wanting to get an ARB but can't afford it. Id like to get somthing in the rear before Thaven.

One more option....

I went to a Nut & bolt supply business ( found in yellow pages ). They had plastic snap-ins that fit the hole perfect. My white truck now has a row of Black dots where the tupperware used to be. I could paint them, but have planned on covering the rocker panels with Herculiner at a later date anyway. Total cost was .04 a hole or less than $4.00 bucks for both sides. Use search method and find the pictures I posted of them about a year ago.

Good Luck

Gofast I did a search but was unable to locate it under your name or "tupperware" search. Do you remember the title? Thanks.

Back