• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Idea put into action (Interior trim painted)

Reaction score
City, State
Casper, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLS
So i got an idea while talking to a friend and I decided to paint some of the trim in my car white. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLS, which is grey and I figured it would give it a nice clash.
Here's some pics :)
Enjoy and tell me what you think, Good or Bad, Yay or Nay.
:exp::exp::exp:
Thanks,
Cam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
City, State
Casper, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLS
2hh2mu8.jpg

guilateen

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 mounty awd 4.6
Need better n more pics. I don't know the procedure of interior plastic painting, but I hope you did it right. If not done properly it becomes easy to scratch,peel and chip. I do like the contrast in colors though. I've got the graphite grey interior as well and it just seems dark and gloomy.

Reaction score
City, State
Casper, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLS
Ill put up some more here later, and I did. Sanded it, primed, and used some krylon. i'm gonna take it off and put some clear on it and make it look more fresh. I just wanted something out of the ordinary. Any other Ideas?? I was thinking about painting the handle of the glove box.

guilateen

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 mounty awd 4.6
I say leave it. You don't want to start painting to many pieces it will look tacky. Definitely put clear on, it will give your paint extra protection.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
looks great.
If you want some advice though, DO NOT paint your air bags. I have seen some people do it and it is not a good idea. Paint flecks flying at your face / eyes with the force and velocity of an air bag is not ideal.