Idea put into action (Interior trim painted) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Idea put into action (Interior trim painted)

So i got an idea while talking to a friend and I decided to paint some of the trim in my car white. I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLS, which is grey and I figured it would give it a nice clash.
Here's some pics :)
Enjoy and tell me what you think, Good or Bad, Yay or Nay.
:exp::exp::exp:
Thanks,
Cam
5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2hh2mu8.jpg

Need better n more pics. I don't know the procedure of interior plastic painting, but I hope you did it right. If not done properly it becomes easy to scratch,peel and chip. I do like the contrast in colors though. I've got the graphite grey interior as well and it just seems dark and gloomy.

Ill put up some more here later, and I did. Sanded it, primed, and used some krylon. i'm gonna take it off and put some clear on it and make it look more fresh. I just wanted something out of the ordinary. Any other Ideas?? I was thinking about painting the handle of the glove box.

I say leave it. You don't want to start painting to many pieces it will look tacky. Definitely put clear on, it will give your paint extra protection.

looks great.
If you want some advice though, DO NOT paint your air bags. I have seen some people do it and it is not a good idea. Paint flecks flying at your face / eyes with the force and velocity of an air bag is not ideal.

Back