• Register Today It's free!

ideas for new slider rear bumper

brnbomr

Reaction score
City, State
novato,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92,ex. 2000 7.3l
have anyone ever cut the crome plate off the back and put tube in its place?

---- ----
l l l l
l l________________l l
l_____________________l
****y drawling but its the veiw from above or under.
i found it will give you about 6 inches of departure angle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the drawling came out wrong but when its done ill post a pic

is there a web site that has a pic. i was looking thought this web page and found non i like

Yep. I did It came out nice. I will post a link to some pics. Link Link

that is what im talkin about, that looks great.

what about cutting the metal right under the dore and getting the sliders up as high as they will go. any pics

I trimmed the pinch weld, but other than that I would not cut anything else under the doors.

Kirby that is sweet!I have been looking for bumper pics for a long time!Those look not too complex, and the whole cutting off the chrome thing looks cool,you could make the front & rear match.Can you shoot me a bunch of pics? I have collected probably 60 bumper pics from this site, yours is the coolest by far.

cmacfarlane@shaw.ca

(Edit) I allready have a bunch of your front bumper. And your back bumper from straight on.And now of the side of your rear bumper.I think it's good.I don't need any more unless you got 'em handy.

kirby why would you not cut any more it seens that it would not do anything to harm the car

Bomr- I think it would go structural if you cutt the quarter panels off. For a inch or two (and not even that because your frame is still the lowest point) I would not compromise the integrity. I have seen a couple tubed out Scouts like that, but the Ex Quarters are a litlle different. If you look at the rear quarter, there is single wall construction. Under the doors it is double wall. Just my opinion. I think it might be interesting. Build it, and I will consider it after I see yours!:D

Bob- Thanks for the Props. I am not sure if you are speaking of my old front bumper or my new one. I sold the one that is in most of my pics to alaskanjack. The one I just built for the front does match my rear bumper and it has a hole for a winch (someday). If you have seen my pics, chances are you have been in my community. Check the link below for my "homepage". There is a whole album of my Navajo. The last page has some of my latest front bumper. I am going to add a few things, but I am tired of working on it, so that is how it will sit for a while...

if you say so i have other things i need to do first but you will see it i a few months when it is done.still working on the sas full 44

Back