Ideas on where to go on a summer Explorer run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ideas on where to go on a summer Explorer run

ProjectAviator

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
SE, WY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT,
I am looking for ideas on where to go on an explorer run this summer. Let's throw in some ideas on where to go.

Check out www.traildamage.com for a list of trails, descriptions and difficulty

Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MMMMM no one has any ideas on what trail to run.

here are ideas I have:

Coney Flats/ middle St. Vrain
Jenny creek
Caribou creek

I haven't ran any of these but want to. I may be running them in my 95 Suburban as I may be letting my son use the EX for school transportation.

Tim

There was a trail somewhere around here that had a downed military aircraft, but I can't seem to remember what trail... I think it was by Estes Park? I always thought that sounded cool, and I think it was 6-7 as well.

Well my wife changed her mind so my son is going to take the Suburban and we still have the Ex.

So Maybe i'll pick a trail and run with it.

Tim

Thanks Accord, seems like it's a much easier trail than I thought. I'd be game but I'm not sure what this group would be up for.

I've started classes on mon-wed and I work weekends. So if anyone's game for a day run or a thurs-fri expedition then I'll go where-ever.

Looks like it died in here. Anyone up for doing something in what's left of the summer or fall before the snow gets too deep?

I can try to make something if its a stocker trail.

I am in, no snow has stayed around yet. I am at the same elevation as most of the highest front range trails.

There was snow on Middle St. vrain and coney flats yesterday. But wasn't an issue. the rocks where.

Tim

Back