• Register Today It's free!

Idle Issues

olathe04si

Reaction score
City, State
Olathe, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer EB
I've tried searching for my issue on the forums but have had no luck. I have a 1994 explorer Eddie Bauer with 180k. When my car warms up and I'm idling, something underneath the hood starts up and my rpms jump up about 500. Then after about 4 seconds it shuts off and idles normally. It does this about every 20 seconds when I'm idling. When this things turns on there is a slight squeek at first. I'm not throwing any CELs. Thanks in a advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had that problem with my 97 and changed the throttle position sensor. presto!! problem fixed. hope this helps!!

Ill go pick one of those up tomorrow and give it a shot. Thanks

I let my car idle this morning while I checked underneath my hood and I realized that it was my AC condenser kicking on and off. I had the car in defrost and I forgot that defrost kicks on the condenser. Is it normal for it to kick on and off like that?

I let my car idle this morning while I checked underneath my hood and I realized that it was my AC condenser kicking on and off. I had the car in defrost and I forgot that defrost kicks on the condenser. Is it normal for it to kick on and off like that?

I heard my compressor kicking on/off the other day w/ the defrost on and I was under the hood.

Back