Idle Problem

squeege

Reaction score
City, State
raleigh, nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ex 4x4 Eb
This started a few weeks ago:

After driving out on the highway, and only after reaching speeds of 75 - 85, when I get back into town, my idle is stuck at about 1100 rpms

When idling normally it stays at about 500-700 rpms

After getting off the highway and if its idling high, I can correct it by turning off the engine and starting it back up.

Whats going on here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pull codes, does sound like IAC though.

squeege said:
This started a few weeks ago:

After driving out on the highway, and only after reaching speeds of 75 - 85, when I get back into town, my idle is stuck at about 1100 rpms

When idling normally it stays at about 500-700 rpms

After getting off the highway and if its idling high, I can correct it by turning off the engine and starting it back up.

Whats going on here?

Im having a similar issue, but mine is 1500 or above no matter what I do.
I'm going to do the IAC very soon, if you haven't done it yet, I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm not positive but I think you can just clean your IAC with some gumout carb cleaner (safe for 02 sensors) It's worth a shot.

sounds good to me... errr, where is the iac, can anyone post a pic or something?

thanks!

IAC is right on the side of the intake, right behind the TPS, and TB. Its easy to clean and helps a lot. You should also do your MAF and reset the computer while youre at it

Back