• Register Today It's free!

Idle too high on my 92 Explorer

Miltinho

Reaction score
City, State
Cuenca, Ecuador
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992, Explorer XLT 4x4
Hi everybory. Could anybody help with this issue: my 92 Explorer XLT has too high idle, over 1000 rpm... How can I reset the correct idle speed?... I've already checked the TPS, and the admission system appears not having any leak.. Is there any procedure to reset the idle speed?...:navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1992 Explorer XLT, idle too high

Thanks bovine for your suggestion. I've already cleaned the idle air control valve, but I don't know how to reset the computer. Could you or anybody help me with this issue, please?. (Sorry for my English).

Disconnect battery cable for ten minutes....yeah,I know some say less time, but what's it hurt,really? Reconnect the battery cable,start your engine,idle 5 minutes and then drive it normally for about 20 minutes including highway driving.
THAT'S what I've been told,anyway. Straighten me out if I was told wrong,folks! don-ohio :)^)
Thanks bovine for your suggestion. I've already cleaned the idle air control valve, but I don't know how to reset the computer. Could you or anybody help me with this issue, please?. (Sorry for my English).

my idle say its at 3000 rpms all the time i reset it and it went back not long after i dont under stand what it is....?

Back