If it's a problem with the rails.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

If it's a problem with the rails....

IslandFamily

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Sterling Gray Limited
Granted, I don't know the first thing about transporting cars but if the big reason so many of our cars are still "awaiting shipment" is truly because of an issue with the rails, why am I reading about so many other people getting their cars...some of them built only days ago? Are those cars not being transported by rail?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Granted, I don't know the first thing about transporting cars but if the big reason so many of our cars are still "awaiting shipment" is truly because of an issue with the rails, why am I reading about so many other people getting their cars...some of them built only days ago? Are those cars not being transported by rail?
Not all Explorers are shipped by rail. Some leave on transport trucks and I believe there was a post that stated that Ford had hired an extra company to help clear the backlog. Mine left on a rail car for Toronto where it was put on a transport to the Ottawa area. Even though I have mine, I am still quite curious as to how Ford's shipping is done/determined.:scratch:

i was told that most of the feb builds are stuck in the back of the lot...:rolleyes:

i was told that most of the feb builds are stuck in the back of the lot...:rolleyes:

And who's going to be moving them up to their correct spot in "line?" LOL!

And who's going to be moving them up to their correct spot in "line?" LOL!

It's time to being the launch delivery helicopters back out...

ford-horsepower-heritage-photo.jpg

Sounds good to me....they can deliver it right to my driveway that way!!! LOL!

If Seni or Cory can pull that off, I'll send cash to the gift basket fund. :D

Could you imagine someone sitting on a couch in their living room, not suspecting it to see it, watch an Explorer drop into view and onto their driveway? That would be freakin' priceless... :D

I keep having dreams that I get the phone call or email that my car has moved from "awaiting shipment" to "in transit" and that makes me excited. I'd have a heart attack if I found it in my driveway!!!

Mine finally got moved to "in transit" status. Not posting to rub it in... only as supporting evidence that perhaps the parking lot is getting cleared out. Those of you in the back of the lot won't have to deal with those newer ones in your way for much longer :p

jedimike, I SO wish this were true but I'm not going to get hopeful, it's all been so disappointing! Yours was built after mine and again, mine is still "awaiting shipment." Maybe I just need to get off these boards so I stop reading about people getting their cars so soon after they've ordered.

Yeah but being on these boards also help you realize you don't have it the worst. I ordered Jan 14, built Feb 24, no end in sight, and yet there folks on here that have been waiting longer than me. When they all have their trucks and I still don't, that's when it's time to hang itup.

On the other hand, hearing about others that have it worse makes me realize I've probably got a LONG way to go.

Dealer confirmed that mine came by rail to Atlanta, then trucked from there.

Back