If you could take any other vehicle offroad excluding an X, what would it be? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

If you could take any other vehicle offroad excluding an X, what would it be?

yob_yeknom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Glade Hill, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT & '06 Limited
Originally posted by expo5.0
depends on how far offroad. i'm thinking porsche 959 rallye
Wow! That's scary! I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I clicked on the link to this thread. I was sure I'd be the only one with that idea.

<

SaleenEXP

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boca Raton, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
Mountaineer
Originally posted by yob_yeknom
Wow! That's scary! I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I clicked on the link to this thread. I was sure I'd be the only one with that idea.
Thats what I posted too, I guess you, expo5.0 and I are the only ones that know about that car;) :cool: Could you imagine tearing up off-road like on Pikes Peak in that beast!?

<

mrboyle

I Drive By Brail
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
What I'd take off-road depends on where I was at and what I was planning to do.
If it were rocks: Fat City Bronco
If it were mud: The old IH pickup with a blown 454, detroit locked rockwells and 48" tractor tires some guy had back in AZ (the truck doesn't exist any more)
If it were desert: One of Ivan Stewart's desert Tunduras.

<

FourXFred

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 EB
I run heavy machinery all day at work, and the Caterpillar D9-N Bulldozer can not get stuck in anything, EVER!!! If it did, somehow get stuck, we would be screwed forever, because it ways 64 tons. But i would have to say the best vehicle ive ever off-roaded was my old 1985 Toyota Camry. When you pay $300 for a car, you really dont hesitate to get PLENTY of momentum at any obstacle. And with like an inch of clearance, at 60 mph, it doesnt matter how deep the puddle, you'll glide reight over no problem. To bad that car caught fire on the highway.

<