Wanted - If you have done the front c-clip eliminator Mod, I need your help please. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted If you have done the front c-clip eliminator Mod, I need your help please.

Parts or services wanted

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I need somebody that has done this mod to check something for me to tell me if I'm crazy, OK, or if I need to dig into this.

Would you please check the inner axle shaft for any movement. If so, about how much travel do you have if any?

My axle moves in & out of the pig about 3/4" both directions. I bought another Echo spring, thinking maybe mine has lost tension over the years. But if this is normal (don't seem normal to me), I will leave it alone. I might have installed the wrong spring to begin with, I just don't know.

Thanks in advance!! :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll try to check tonight..

I don't remember any movement on mine but I'm sure I've slept since then...

~Mark

I'll try to check tonight..

I don't remember any movement on mine but I'm sure I've slept since then...

~Mark

Thanks Mark! :salute:

No movement in mine. The spindle is a challenge to push on since I have to compress the spring.

No movement in mine. The spindle is a challenge to push on since I have to compress the spring.

Now see, that is how I imagine it should be. Thanks Phil! :thumbsup:

I checked the collar, and it hasn't moved at all. I don't remember having to push on the spindle to bolt it on, but it has been a few years since I did this.

I'm starting to believe I installed the wrong spring in the first place. I am going to be tearing into this anyways to install a locker, so I will change the spring, and pay closer attention to the axle play. :rolleyes:

I don't even run the collar nor is it tack welded

No movement on mine either.

~Mark

No movement on mine either.

~Mark

Thank you for checking that for me Mark. :salute:

I thought it had to be wrong. I appreciate the help you guys. I don't feel crazy at least. :)

I'm really curious as to how the installed spring, is going to look like against the new Echo spring.

Back