• Register Today It's free!

Ignition Coil

xwasif

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
i have a ford explorer 2006 & i'm trying to replace the ignition coil or at least check if mine is damaged , could you please tell me what's the low & high voltage readings on a new coil pack in ohm's

the below is my coil pack specs found by vin No# on motorcraft site

Part Number: 12029(DGE-446)
Part Name: Ignition Coil

please help
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Xwasif -

I do not have the specs for the voltage, but what motor do you have ?

What makes you think the coil is bad?

If you suspect the coil and you have 30x code, try swapping the coil with another cylinder, and see if the error code changes to the new one .

I Have a 2006 explorer XLT , And i keep having issues with engines that some times it's shaking & RPM Drops , now i bought the plugs the cables & i'm thinking to buy the Coil as well but it's rather expensive , that's way i need to check first then decide weather to change it or not ,

Same with my 2006 6 cil 4.0l explorer it always says that cilinder one is misfiring on startup. It often starts shaking but never has turned off on us and only shakes when I turn it on. We have already changed spark plugs gapped at correct gap, new wiring, new coil pack and it still does it. MAYBE A SHORT SOMEWHERE?? Engine check light comes on and off. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON TRANG TO FIX IT?

Back