• Register Today It's free!

Ignition/key warning chime help

camtrans

Reaction score
City, State
Alden New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford Explorer 4x4
Hello : We are having a Key in ignition warning chime going off on my 2003 ford explorer 4 door xlt . This chime takes place when key is out of ignition only when engine off and door open . I have checked wires in door m all good , door ajar switch , all good , just the key in ignition chime . If I try to lock the doors from the electric button the driver side will unlock . I have had the column apart removed the cylinder and no apparent wear and tear in the switch . Fordparts states a ignition warning switch (2L24-11A127-AA)(Motorcraft SW6675) Ignition Warning Relay Switch that goes into the tumbler area but have checked 3 steering columns and no part is present . I know with electrical parts you own em if you try em so I am hoping some one on here could help assist with this matter . The truck starts and runs fine with no other kirks with the exception of the door pillar key fob not lighting up or working , hoping some one can help out with this chime issue . thank you for your help.

P/S could the electrical ignition switch be the culprit ?

Back