I'll be moving up!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'll be moving up!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah-they were thick last night. Bryan slept in his truck to guard the open garage.

We drained Bryan's front diff and about 1/4 cup came out:confused:

So they are putting Evan's old 373 front d35 in now-
I gotta go track down some amsoil--

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Finally put got the lift done, and all thanks to mountaineergreen:thumbsup:, couldnt have done it with out him....

All we have left to do is minor details, like the tires are toed a little, and the larger than life wheels and tires still need to be put on, not to mention its still lacking the front skid plate and safari bar still needing to be added, but im just glad after many months of watching the parts become a dust collector, its finally doing its job....

I got my hands dirty and after we had to deal with alot of rust, a few knuckle busters, and using every curse word known to man, it was worth it.

Right now though I have to jump in bed so I can get up early enough to finish up before i go to work...Im anticipating to see the jealous looks on the other guys faces when I pull into that parking lot tomorrow:D

I just hope you take it to a different alignment place than we took mine to last Sep.

Three freaking hours to do it with your dad & I telling them how and they still messed it up.:mad:

ruh roh, I'm still waiting to hear why a dentist was involved, I just finished getting a crown this week. I'm literally paying for mistakes I made in college opening beer bottles and using my teeth as a pliers.

Not good, even with insurance my crown still cost me over $500 out of pocket.

Alright, I'm going to tell the story in brief.

We are hanging the differential on the drop brackets, got the bolts pushed in. I was on a creeper coming out from under the truck, pulling my way out. I grabbed and pulled- bam!- The brake caliper that was hanging from the wire gave way, hit me square in the two front teeth :( One tooth is going to have to be root canaled, posted and a crown put on. The other tooth is pretty seriously chipped.

Now, before you start, I had the caliper wired up very well, The wire was looped around the caliper, twisted 4 or 5 times and it still gave way. I don't know how. I've wired calipers up like that thousands of times and never had a failure. It's just really bad luck.

:(

BTW, There will be absolutely no pictures of the damages. :)

For an idea of how it looks, think Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber. :(

No front teeth=Fitting for Arkansas :p:

Ditto, that hurts to think of it. I usually lay the caliper on the torsion bar, but used zip ties when I replaced everything a couple of months ago. There needs to be a video camera running with these projects.

...Can't wait to see the new pics..:popcorn:

....And I'm sorry to here about the toofus injury...:(

Lift is done. Alignment came out to spec and it reportedly drives well. The tires look huge on there, we cut the bottom off the bumper cover and had to do some serious trimming on the running boards, but it looks good. Somebody has pictures, I left my camera at home.

Phew.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 297

....It looks Great...:thumbsup:...Now start packing for the Colorado trip...:D

Yeah lookin' good there you Smiths! :)

Well, after having the opportunity to work side by side with Mountaineergreen, I have to say I am a changed person. These last few days are a blur of running back and forth between 4 different projects, with a bit of family drama mixed in. Evan kept his cool though all of it, and exhibited excellent leadership skills. Not to mention, his ideas helped save me precious time, while increasing the safety.

There is no doubt I consider him my brother.

And yes, my dog slept with him:D

I also want to thank my other brother, Eric ( techieman33) for all the time he put into this. I know he wanted to turn wrenches with us, but was forced to sit in a dentist office instead.

And, that Centenario Tequilla was the perfect ticket. We shot it dead,no salt or lime needed for this stuff. No hint of a hangover. yummy

It was very good stuff. Thanks Again Eric!!

The truck looks really good I can't wait to see it in person, those tires do look huge what size are they they look a lot bigger than Evans.

Well, after having the opportunity to work side by side with Mountaineergreen, I have to say I am a changed person. These last few days are a blur of running back and forth between 4 different projects, with a bit of family drama mixed in. Evan kept his cool though all of it, and exhibited excellent leadership skills. Not to mention, his ideas helped save me precious time, while increasing the safety.

There is no doubt I consider him my brother.

And yes, my dog slept with him:D

I also want to thank my other brother, Eric ( techieman33) for all the time he put into this. I know he wanted to turn wrenches with us, but was forced to sit in a dentist office instead.

And, that Centenario Tequilla was the perfect ticket. We shot it dead,no salt or lime needed for this stuff. No hint of a hangover. yummy

It was very good stuff. Thanks Again Eric!!

I swear those dogs will sleep with anybody what a couple of ****s:)

I"m glad the tequila was good stuff, I'll just say it wasn't the cheap stuff:D

Very good, it looks great. I'm glad to hear that things went well besides the pain in the mouth.:thumbsup:

Truck looks real good.

Back