Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
I keep thinking of questions as I scan the posts, haha.

Do the power mirror controls have an illumination light? I looked at mine the other night and they were dark.

Does the keyless entry number pad on a 1996 have an illumination light? If so, mine is dark, also. :)

Thanks guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

illumination

Adam, I have a '95 with keyless entry and my number pad is not illuminated, and I don't think my mirror control switch is either, but I'll check and let ya know!

On my 96 Sport, my mirror controls are dark, but my keyless number pad lights up after I press one button.

Gah, I guess I better inquire at the Ford dealership how much those cost and if it's a do it yourself. If it is, I will. If not, it's not a big deal since I have the remotes.

Keyless Entry Lights

Hi Everyone,
Did anyone figure out how to replace the burned out light behind the keyless entry keypad? I just came back from a Weekend Campout and Offroad trip and noticed right away thet the lights are out. I would imagine I would have to go in through the door panel. But it seems like the window would be in the way. Anyone tackle this yet? How about a dealer quote? :eek:

It's a royal pain in the ass to replace the keypad light. You have to take the entire door apart, and sometimes need to replace the keypad itself. The door will never go back together exactly right again :rolleyes: Sorry to be pessimistic (I'm not usually), but you might just have to live with the light being out.

There are two separate threads about this I think both going at the same time

Hi All,
I just got off the phone with the Ford Dealer and the bulb apparently cannot be replaced you have to replace the whole keypad. Keypad Cost: $90.51 ! To do it yourself. I'll let you know how it goes.

:hammer:

I wonder if you can get them cheaper on E-bay or from one of the many roll-overs???

Back