• Register Today It's free!

IM and OD servo replacement

mdw03xeb

Reaction score
City, State
Se Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer EB
Hello everyone. Just wanted to say thanks for all the great information on here. It's been a huge help to me. So I finally got around to ordering the modified overdrive and intermediate servos. I would love to do the work myself, but just don't have the time. Scheduled to take the ex in tomorrow morning to have the work done. I just had a couple of questions. 1, how long should it take an experienced mechanic to do the fix? 2, any special instructions I should give him? I have the hard copy of the instructions I'm going to leave with him. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My local shop has been booked all week. They can't get me in til Tuesday morning. I ended up calling a few transmission shops and they all basically said they wouldn't touch it unless they could pull the trans and ream and re sleeve it. Are people in the repair buisness that unaware of the positive results people are having with the modified servos from ford servo bore transmission fix???

I would also want to do the permanent repair myself just for the liability of putting out a bandaid fix. In the repair biz you have to realize that once I work on that vehicle it is mine. As in the game TAG you're it! You were the last one to touch it so it always shows back up at your door down the road when said repair fails. And the customer will not pay twice for the same repair. I am not disputing the positive results people are having. What I am saying is once that bore is worn it will keep wearing and result in the geometry being altered and having torn rubber on servo piston,broken bands from not being applied square, etc. As a shop owner I can tell you and have you sign papers saying that this is just a patch but when it fails the customer gets mad and starts telling friends and family that the transmission shop took him for $x... But fails to tell them it was a patch. My reputation and integrity for a job done the right way and not the easy way is just to important to me to do this type of repair. Granted I still have problems but they can be controlled by using good parts and proper procedures in assembly.

^^^ ain't that the truth!

TAG! :eek::roll:

Fixed! Shifts like new.

Back