I'm Baaaack! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm Baaaack!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering what took you so long. lol.
Nice to see things have settled down for you, and you chose another Explorer as a project.

Great to hear from you.

Thanks-Got the 5.0L swapped in and running. Drove to work the last 2 days. I have everything for a complete AWD swap. Getting some parts together (CV shafts, ball joints, etc-normal wear items) for the install. I currently have all these parts but they are worn. Gonna go through the front end and AWD transfer case to ensure everything is good before installing. The reason I have been away is because of years of working for myself drove me away from performance. Several times I threatened to send the ole 2 door to the crusher after the first 5.0L failed within 1/2 mile. She didn't have an engine present and was just an empty shell. So, I rat holed all the parts and just couldn't ever bring myself to selling as scrap. A few weeks ago I ran across a hell of a deal on a stock engine and the spark was reignited. So fast forward today, here I am with a running v8 powered 2 door. Right now I am satisfied with it just pulling down the road under its own power. I will post up some pics when I get an opportunity. I am sure there are a lot of people on here that don't know who I am but as a pioneer for this gen 2 platform I will crush my previous records and will be brushing off some old parts I had around the shop. The 360 cu. in aluminum headed dart block looks awful enticing. Again- I want it to be right then we can move onto the fun stuff. I also have the turbo laying on the bench. I still do LOTS of tuning locally after a full day at my job. This will not happen quickly but will happen. If I learned nothing else from working for myself-patience is a virtue!

Good to have you back James!

Looking forward to your progress for sure. Hope you don't split a block but if you do be sure to have good videos!

a 4406 fits in these. you have to get a rear shaft made anyway for the awd, i would use a 4406 instead of the awd case

a 4406 fits in these. you have to get a rear shaft made anyway for the awd, i would use a 4406 instead of the awd case
What did the 4406 come in? Is everything else the same? My first rodeo for AWD. I currently have the OE AWD case sitting on the ground. Just for kicks and giggles what case is it? While I am at it- go here and see if you could help with my speedo issue-->V8 swap thread discussion

^ what Jon said. It’s the same everything’s big for a sport, you just have to get a rear drive shaft made up. Also, a poly trans mount from a fox body will bolt to the trans, but you will need to modify the trans cross memeber

My goal is to build a SRT8 style Explorer. The 4 low would not be necessary for me since this will never go offroad. It will be primarily a street vehicle, if I do go offroad then I will only be on a gravel road or unpaved driveway. No mud for this girl! Pavement dweller only. This way no slicks, no changes at the track just straight up go to the track, load with E85 (whoops-gave that secret away) and roll out. ET's will be what I am after.

food for thought. the only time mine see's mud is if i miss seeing a puddle and drive threw it. i'm also lowered 2 inches. a 4406 doent rob as much power (if i am not wrong) as a awd case, and also is stronger. plus, you dont have to have the same tire sizes so if you wanted to run a smaller tire, you can put it in 2wd and run slicks. i dont know how many launches i have done in 4wd with my case, but it has been lots (both street and strip) and it is still holding together fine.

thats my 2 cents

Does the guy at torque monster headers have a phone number? I contacted this guy via email a few days ago and he never got back with me. Is he still making these things? Otherwise I will make my own. I just found his phone number-Duh! On his website.

Got ahold of him. Really nice guy. Guess I am about to gift myself a set.

bob's number is on his page.

(858) 525-3488

if he doesnt answer his phone, give him a day or two and he will call back. he's a awsome guy to talk with

Back