I'm Back! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm Back!

I don't know if anybody will remember me but I'm back!

I got rid of the Focus today and bought a Zinc Yellow '03 Explorer NBX. It has the 4.6L V8. I just picked it up at 7:30pm today so I haven't had a chance to really drive it. I have already done my first mod though. I removed the NBX rack from the roof rack. I don't like it and it makes a lot of wind noise.

I had some electrical(ECU included) problems and just got rid of the car. Once a vehicle ticks me off, it's days with me are numbered. It has sat at the dealership for over two weeks. I had what I thought was an alternator problem. So I decided to upgrade to a high-power one so it could power my sound system. I replaced the alternator three times. The aftermarket alternator had a warranty but that didn't compensate for the aggravation of changing the alternator 3 times. So I finally took it to the dealer and they have had it for over two weeks. They took four days to tell me that the ECU was bad. The next day the called and said the part came in and that they would have it installed by the following day, which was a Friday. I was supposed to have my car in a show in Tampa that weekend. It's called Slam Fest and it's supposed to be the biggest show in Florida. Well, they called me on Friday at around 2pm and said that the ECU they replaced it with was also bad. That is when I first felt like getting rid of it. It has sat there ever since waiting on another ECU. I finally got fed up and decided to get a new vehicle.

And that's why I'm back. This is the best Explorer(or any car) forum on the internet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice choice! The NBX looks great! Congrats on your purchase! What are your plans for it?
If you ever show a vehicle in Tampa, let me know and I will come by and check your veh. out ;)

Congrats on the new X!!!! I can't wait to see pics of it!!

What did you end up doing with the rack?? Consider selling it??? :D

welcome back Bill (i remember you!:D ). get pics up ASAP. :)

Welcome back Bill:D

Glad to be back!

So far I've tinted the windows and installed my sound system. I still have to finish the cargo area(build sub-floor for the amps, etc...). Next will be an alarm and dual exhaust! I'm thinking about putting the 17s I had on my other X on this one. The stock wheels are 17s so I'll use the factory tires and have the white letters put on the inside. Then I'll do the video system. Once all these things are done I'm going to do an intake, chip and possibly headers(don't know if they make them)!

check with john at EE. surprisingly, JBA has headers for your 4.6X.:)

Welcome back Bill!

Back