I'm changing my 9007 headlight bulb.......... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm changing my 9007 headlight bulb..........

I have decided to upgrade my stock headlight bulbs to PIAA superwhite bulbs. Matt Addams (sp) confirmed that the part number is 9007. What is the part number for the stock fog lights? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

first off, what year? Your best bet might be to take the bulb out and take it to an auto parts store and compare it to some other bulbs... all manuals say you have an H3 but it's often not...

It's a 1998. Also, I'd like to join the PIAA group purchase plan. I want to buy the 9007 superwhite bulbs for my headlights. How do I make a payment via Paypal? Thanks.

it depends if you have sent money over paypal before. If not you'll have to set up an account. YOu can go to http://www.paypal.com, and it'll walk you through it I think. If you need something specific answered let me know. I wouldn't mind a check or a money order either way.

I have decided to mail you a check.

that works for me :). Checks take a bit longer, but that way paypal doesn't take out 1.9% for credit card processing fees. I'll elt you know when I receive payment.

Let me know too Matt. Thanks

n2knee, the stock fog light bulb may be a #899, dont't know PIAA's equivalent of that though. Matt, I couldn't find one on their site, do you know if they have one? If so, I'll be glad to get in on the group buy.

rtmy... we're having problems with that... all manuals describe them as H3's, but soupbone discovered his is actually an H1,w hich is similar to a 9005 but we're not certain? Best bet would be to take out your bulb and swing by Checker or something and try to find a similar one.

I have the 899's, but was hoping for a superwhite equivalent, which I have not been able to find anywhere. I have the PIAA superwhite 9007's in my explorer, and the H4's in my motorcycle, and I love them. The only problem I have noticed is that when using the stock fogs, the yellowish color takes away from the look of the PIAA's.

Hey all, I have a question...Have you guys seen those Infiniti QX4's fog lights?? They use the yellow bulbs. I really like the looks and the practicality of them. I want to get a pair of yellow bulbs for my fog lights. Do ya'll think they would look good in my Explorer with the PIAA superwhites?? Where can I find them anyway?? Thanks!!

P.S. Matt, have you received the money order yet?? Thanks bud!!

Sorry but I don't believe PIAA offers an 899 replacement, I don't eevn know what they look like to tell you the truth...
96 Explorer... so far the only checks I have received is from Goober and 4wheelin.

Matt, this is the 899. It measures approx. 2 1/2" by 1".
View

[Edited by RytM1 on 12-10-2000 at 12:47 AM]

Originally posted by '96explorereddiebauer
Let me know too Matt. Thanks

Billy, got your check today. Just FYI. As for the 899's sorry but I don't think PIAA makes a superwhite replacement for that.

Back