• Register Today It's free!

Im confused with rear lift

burtonbrd138

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
I am planning on lifting the rear of my 2000 Explorer. I am lookin at SOA which i think is too much lift to gain in the front also. My main lift options are the Superlift SUP01-194 leaf springs that give me 4 in of lift. Or the Superlift SUP1147 rear leaf lift. The Superlift SUP1147 comes with
-Two Cast Iron Blocks
-Nyloc Nuts
-Flatwashers
-Four U-Bolts

With me having the leaf springs under the axle wont the blocks lower me?
Is the leaf springs a better choice? Having the leaves under the axle is screwing with my head.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If i get the leaves i will do a tt or coil spring spacers, that will work, right?

My trucks sits front higher than the back by 1.5 to 2in higher as it is now so shackles would practicaly level it. I dont even know if the torsion bars are cranked up or my leaves are gone. The shocks are new so it cant be them.

Your front may be cranked a little by someone else or you rear springs can be worn. The solution could be the F150 leaf spring mod, then if that's not enough, add shackles.

Shocks don't provide any lift new or worn out, they only dampen suspension cycles.

If you don't believe me, you can buy the 4" springs and install them but they will be too high. I've seen other people on here try it and they didn't like it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160918

ok i will take your word on it so where can i find f-150 leaves? Just search stock ones on the internet? How much lift is the f-150 leaves without shackles?

Back