I'm having a problem with the A/C in my 1990 Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm having a problem with the A/C in my 1990 Aerostar.

bighoss

Reaction score
City, State
benson az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1990 ford aerostar van
hi i have a problem with my 1990 ford aerostar van 3.01 engine i just had a garage change both seals on the 2 ac hoses in front by raditor under breather and they added one can of 134 to unit and they said compressure would not kick on it the fuse in fuse box is ok i checked it with my test light and it lite up both sides matter of fact i checked them all and all ok. i checked the 2 wires that hook up to the canster at top where you put feron in and it had power there when i turned on key switch with ac on max. i got the wire that hooks to ac compressure at top and no juice at all i was told that it has a fuseable link wire thats burned out or a ac relay bad. i look in auto book and they dont show where either one is located in dash or fire wall im not sure i dont even know if thats the problem or not.less then a few months ago i added a can of 123 to the ac and compressure worked fine for one day and next morning it would not work cause i had a leak in them 2 lines i just got fixed at shop so can anybody help me the shop wants 180.00 or more to fix it and thats no includeing parts they said and im disabled living oin a very tight budget and no way to pay them i live in az and its hot 90 to 106 at times/ thanks you if anybody can help jerry/

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the Aerostar section. It sounds like you have a leak in the A/C system. Add fluorescent dye, and check for leaks with a UV light before you add more freon.

Back