I'm in rehab | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

I'm in rehab

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Now, I know what some of you might be thinking but you are wrong. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and was given two medications for muscle and nerve pain. These medications can make you dizzy and lightheaded, but others they could give me that would not have that effect unfortunately would interact with the blood thinners I need to take.

On New Year's Eve I was coming out of my bathroom using my walker for support when I felt a lightheaded feeling coming on. I tried to get to my bed but the next thing I remember is me falling and feeling my right ankle snap. When I got to the hospital they asked me what happened and I told them what I could remember. When they took my blood pressure, it was quite low so I actually fainted instead of getting dizzy. My ankle was broken in two places. I had surgery on New Year's Day and was moved to the rehab center on the 5th where I have been having therapy ever since. I have to learn how to walk not bearing weight on my bad ankle, leg strenghing exercises and since I also was supposed to do exercises for my shoulders and hands, we are doing those too. I just got my hard cast on after the doctor removed the staples from the surgical areas. I have screws and rods on both sides of my ankle, I broke it that bad. I saw my post surgical x-rays and the doctor did a very good job on me. Now four weeks in the hard cast not bearing weight on it and I see the doctor in mid February and see if I get the go-ahead to start putting weight on that ànkle. Hopefully, I' ll return home sometime in March.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..Wow..:eek:..That's a long time away from home..

Do as they say, and maybe they will let you out for good behavior. .:p:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Ouch!!

Get well soon Sandy. I hope you aren't in too much pain still.

SoBeLover

Explorer Babe Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
None
Don't worry I' m not in any pain. I get percocet every four hours and oxycontin twice a day for pain.:)

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm glad that it's manageable. Hang in there!

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
Warm wishes for a thorough recovery, Sandy. :)