I'm looking for new mods for my 2011 Ranger XLT 4X4. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm looking for new mods for my 2011 Ranger XLT 4X4.

2011 Ranger XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Akron, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Silver XLT 4X4
7/29/2011. Thanks for letting me join your forum! I own a 2011 Silver Ford Ranger XLT 4 dr 4.0L. Bought new mid July, 2011. Any suggestions or web sites for modification to engine, transmission, exhaust, suspension, body and interior is greatly appreciated. If I do any modifying outside the box, I will also post. So far I have added a tonneau cover & bug deflector. On order are aluminum front grill inserts and a Magnaflow 15773. Later plans are to add a 2 inch lift and add larger rims and tires. Here is where I may need some help from others withing this forum. Thanks! Rudy in Akron, Ohio.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 07 fx4 level II (close to being the same). i did a 3 inch body lift, and added 33's to it. on the inside i added a overhead console, full length console (both from a 95-01 explorer), and did a one touch down mod to the passengers side window, as well as made a set of L.E.D. interior lights for the dome, and overhead console as well (way brighter) if that gives you some ideas.

Hey Zoom, do you have any pics of the interior mods of your 07 Ranger? I like the idea of the overhead console. I would like to add a temp/compass mirror, nay ideas? I would like to scrounge my local Pull Apart junk yard to see what I can find, in excellent shape will be the clincher. Thanks!...Rudy in Akron, Ohio.

here is what i put in. as i was saying, its from a explorer, so they all bolt in with minimal modifications. both were light grey. i just painted them black to match the interior. so far they have been holding up fine, and have been in for a year now.

overhead console, and temp works

DSC00373_Medium_.jpg

full length console, with scan gauge mounted in

DSC00374_Medium_.jpg

i made my own L.E.D. lights for both the overhead console, and dome light

DSC00376_Medium_.jpg

DSC00377_Medium_.jpg

and they are bight. this is a pic, with no flash, at night

DSC00371_Medium_.jpg

and if you are putting a stereo in, this is how i did mine. sub behind the drivers seat (12 inch sub in box), and i pulled the rear seat on one side, and built a rack for the amp, using the holes in the floor from the seat. it wont go anywhere. it would take someone five mins to unbolt it for sure.

DSC00383_Medium_.jpg

DSC00384_Medium_.jpg

if you need a overhead console, i have a few kicking around here with the bracket, harness, and temp sensor.

Back