I'm looking to drop my 94 Explorer Sport 2WD. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm looking to drop my 94 Explorer Sport 2WD.

ford explorer 94

Reaction score
City, State
wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer sport 2wd 5sp
Looking for complete list of parts and where to get them to drop my explorer, trying to achieve cornerability more than coolness. Also would like to know what rim and tire combo would work best with this setup, I really like the awd saleen explorer if that helps give anyone an idea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Here is my dropped `92 4-door:

Front:
3"drop I-beams from Aim Industries
2" Drop Coil Springs made by Belltech

Rear:
3" De-arched springs from Aim Industries
3" Drop Block, generic, bought from AutoZone.

Rims are Saleen Style, Front: 18x9 wrapped in 255/55-18, Rear: 18x10 wrapped in 285/50-18.

To get that much drop in the rear, you will HAVE to C-notch the frame. I bought a 6" Ranger notch, and cut it down to about 4.5" inches. I also bought my C-notch from Aim Industries.

And before you notch the frame, you should pull the gas tank, and swap it out with a 2nd gen Sport tank, once you swap out the forward mounting plate, it will fit in the stock location of the 1st Gen tank, and more importantly the fill tube is pushed up a little farther, closer to the top of the tank. If you don't do this, you will break your fill tube your first time out....been there done that.

Ryan

Attachments

• XgettingGas.jpg
    XgettingGas.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,793

Thats a really good looking X. Ive always wanted to lower mine after seeing yurs on the threads.

Back