• Register Today It's free!

i'm new on here

oldirty

Reaction score
City, State
south shore MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer 4x4
hello, my real name for the sake of conversation is aaron. i'm 30 years old in december and i'm from the south shore of massachusetts.

as the title states, i'm new on this board however i'm not not new to explorers. i previously had a '99 sport 4x4 w/ the sohc 4.0L and now i own an '04 eddie bauer 4x4 w/ the same 4.0L. i just traded my car in less than two weeks ago for this. i had an '04 Subaru WRX STi.....yeah, it was fast as hell but that's about all it had going for it. i wanted something more "practical" that i could drive year round and that had more room in it along with all the bells and whistles like leather heated seats, moonroof, etc.

anyway, i just wanted to introduce myself here.

~aaron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome, im sorry to hear that you traded you STI in for the X, not that the explorers are not nice but you had to take it hard tradein' in a 2 week old car. Again welcome you will love this site.

no, you misunderstood. i had the sti since sept '03 and put 12k + miles on it. reasons for getting rid of it are above as well as getting out of the lease (yeah, i know. why did i lease a car like that). well, you live and learn.

i meant i have had the explorer for less than two weeks.

~aaron

O..... i got you now. i felt really bad for you. Do you plan on modding your truck? If so is it going to be street or offroad? Im guessing offroad since you have 4x4

no, i'm not modding my truck other than rain/wind deflectors, a bugguard, and a remote start. oh yeah, tint the two front windows to match the rest and MAYBE a billet grille.....that's all. i've been "modding" cars and trucks for 10+ years now and to be honest with you, i think it is a big waste of money unless you build a car/truck for a specific purpose such as organized racing, off road only machine, etc. i'm 30 years old.....i just want a nice daily driver that retains a factory warranty.

~aaron

Back