• Register Today It's free!

I'm new on here

wrangler45337

Reaction score
City, State
Pitsburg, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT
I have a 1996 XLT 4 door, mods so far is just a KKM Tru- Rev and 31x10.5 on factory rims. I have a 2.5 inch add leaf that I plan to install, and am also going to do torsion bar lift on the front. I want more lift and haven't been able to find a kit. I also plan on doing a body lift. I am a Firefighter/EMT in a very rural area and have to go offroad frequently. I would like to leave the sway bars on for on- road stability, but will sacrifice if I have too. I want to try this on a budget. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TT, add a leaf, and shackles are the only reasonably priced lift. You can get about 2" on a 4X4. You can go higher in front with a RWD (TT) as well as lift spindles. A body lift can be adapted from a ranger for about $100 (which you probaly know already).

Suspension lifts are available, but very pricey. I think they start at about $1400 for a 4X4, but don't quote me on that. No clue on the RWD models whats out there.

Thanks for the info. Who can I get the shackles from? I have read about quite a few people on here using them, but no mention of where to get them. It is a 4x4 also, i forgot to mention that. Thanks again.

They use warrior shackles, but I really don't know where they purchase them. You might look at 4 wheel parts or summit racing maybe. I have seen places posted, but I didn't pay much attention to it, sorry.

Thank you for your help. I will look around and see if I can't find them. Thank you.

Back