• Register Today It's free!

I'm not wasting time!

jfman

Reaction score
City, State
Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 manual tranny
I needed an excuse to go visit the new Georgia Summit Racing store :thumbsup: :D

DSC00464.jpg

It's the PA853 kit with the 3700 extension it's the right kit for a 95 explorer right ?

They have only been opened for 2 weeks and they had both of my items in stock :thumbsup: They were really busy with all the nascar fans in town for tomorrows race. the store is super nice and they have so much stuff in stock it's awesome.

I cant wait to put it on. Think I can do it all in one day ? I might wait till next weekend since I need my splorer on monday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did mine by myself in a day, you should be fine to do it if ur handy in the garage, spray the bolts with penetrating oit ahead of time though. I know i had to get some different length bolts when I did mine too. Good Luck, let us see it when ur done :thumbsup:

95exploderboy said:
I know i had to get some different length bolts when I did mine too.

What do you mean ? Your kit did not come with bolts ?

The kit is designed for a Ranger. A few things need to be tweaked.

section525 said:
The kit is designed for a Ranger. A few things need to be tweaked.

I read that the bumper brackets are no good but what about the bolts ? I can use them right ?

Yes. But you may have to buy two longer ones. 150mm or 160mm. Forget which. You may have to search for it.

That blows. From the looks of it, I will probably be throwing most of that $160 kit away :fire: (jk)

Don't get too upset, just do a search for a thread on the install of a BL and you will see exactly what needs replaced. I believe it was the two back body mount bolts. I also had to drill out my stock body mount bushings, so be prepared fot that too.

Here are a few writeups, just search around the site and you will find more. This isn't too hard, so just read up, take ur time, and yo'll have a 3" taller truck in no time.

The BL Info

95exploderboy said:
I also had to drill out my stock body mount bushings, so be prepared fot that too.

The BL Info

did you have to do it to all 10 bushings ?

Back