I'm planning on purchasing a 2013 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm planning on purchasing a 2013 Explorer.

rpasetto

Reaction score
Hello,

I am just beginning a search for a new SUV/Crossover vehicle. The new Explorer is on my "short list"... I need something that'll comfortably handle up to seven passengers and even do some light hauling.

One special need I have is for a vehicle which I can readily tow behind my motorhome. As I understand it from various motorhome publications the Explorer is towable "four wheels down" in both FWD and 4WD models. I will appreciate any comments from 2011-2013 Explorer owners on their experiences with this; meanwhile I will begin to search the forum for the topic.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! Although I drive a 2011 Ford Explorer I wouldn't change it for the world. You may see some of us complain about the little flaws but it is still a great car and I love driving it.
- Justin

I just bought a 2013 explorer xlt, 2 weeks ago and I like it, I've had a few issues with it, nothing major, but I'm 6 foot and the 2cnd row is comfy, the third row is a little smaller, but not bad, I haven't towed anything yet so I can't comment on that

Back