• Register Today It's free!

im stuck need help bad

papoxlt

Reaction score
City, State
waterbury ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 xlt
:( i have what sounds like wheel bearing noise coming from the front pass side ,i change the bearings and torque everything to specs, but the noise is still there ,i check my spindle and it does have some small nicks in it,when im driving straight the noise is constant but when i make a turn it goes away until i straighting out the wheel has anybody have this problem before any suggestions would help me greatly.thank you :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you inspected the brakes?

Does the noise occur in 2x4 and 4x4? The automatic hubs are known to make noise which will go away once you engage 4x4 and the hubs lock..

i have manual locking hubs it s constant 4x4 and 4x2.

Have you tried lifting the tire in the air and spinning it when its pointed straigh to see if you can re-create the squeek?
are you sure its a wheel bearing on the pass side is what I am getting at here..

thank you after i read your last post i realized that i was convinced that it was the pass side becouse it was the strongest point of the vibration.so i jacked up the driver side and there it was my bearings were gone on the driver side.im puzzled it was the driver side but i didnt get any noise or vibration from that side how can that be.

Back