• Register Today It's free!

imported from canada

billybob

Reaction score
City, State
chicago, illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
i am looking at a 02 xlt to purchase and discovered that it has been imported from canada in jan 02 (used)
is there anything that i should be aware of concerning
servicing of vehicle. it is out of warranty( 40,000 miles)
Are there any problems specific to canada models that i should be aware of?
thanks alot in advance

billy bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I brough my truck from Canada down to the US in 2001, and had no problems getting it licensed here in the US. However, I have yet do an emmissions check, and a safety was not required.

Here are the differences that I am aware of. The obvious is that the odometer is likely still in metric (km and kph), and the truck likely has full time day running lights.

I have a letter from Ford stating that the truck meets all US safety and Emmissions requirements.

jetmaker

My truck is also from canadia. I had to get a letter from ford that stated that my truck conformed with all emission laws in Cali so I could even get it smogged for registration.

Other than that no problem for me.

sorry, accidental double post.

canadiaville

i have a truck that was made in canada for US, not the x. it's a wierd truck, i think it want's to go home.

Other than the metric speed/odometer...then it will be just like any other Explorer.....:D

thanks alot for all the help!!!!!!!

billybob

and drl's..ugg

Back