In-Channel Ventshade repair | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

In-Channel Ventshade repair

Yesterday, I found a set of In-Channel Ventshade Visors for my truck at a garage sale. They are in pretty good shape. I probably take some wax and buffer or something to them to remove some of the scratches. I also have to remove the old double sided tape.

One of the shade visors, the one for the right rear window, is brocken in two. It broke in my car on the way home, bunch of junk in the back of my car :D.
Do any of you know if it is repairable to the point where the average person won't even notice. I was thinking of using a small amount of adhesive caulk or glue, something that dries clear. Any suggestions.

-Marc

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jad2411

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Brown eb
What about the acrylic glue that they use on fish tanks? the bottle even has a needle tip to apply it

<

Marcus Aurelius

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
where can you find this acrylic fish tank glue?

-Marc

<

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
I know Petsmart carried it back in the day... Or a fish shop/aquarium pet dealy-o. Most fish specific stores will do custom tanks, and they have the stuff too...

<

Marcus Aurelius

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
I look around and compare items. When find something I like, I'll make a How-to thread.

Also, is Scotch exterior double-sided tape sufficient enough to mount these ventshade things or should I go 3M?

-Marc

<

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
3M would be my choice because their products seem more industrial.

If you have to flex the broken vent visor to get it into position you should get it set and then glue it. I can't imagine any adhesive that will withstand a flexing.

Do the install and then glue and tape it together untill it drys. IMHO

<