• Register Today It's free!

In Dash GPS's

dannytech_lt

Reaction score
City, State
Union nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
How many of you guys have a in dash GPS Navigation system installed in your explorers?

this is perhaps my most wanted mod on my explorer

does anyone have this already installed in there truck? upload a picture of it for me please

they are damn expensive on Best Buys site but i bet i could find it cheaper although best buy usually has there instillation included but with that they tell you that you need more wires for steering wheel controls and sub-woofers or whatever

but before i jump into this i need to fix my door actuator and the OEM alarm if there's even such in my E.B sucks so i need to install a alarm too

but in the meantime i still like to do my homework on devices since well.. i have nothing else to do but work lol

Not sure about Best Buy's stuff but we give you all the instructions, dash kits, and harness for free for most trucks to install it yourself. We have the steering wheel interface, door actuators, and tons of speakers.

I ran the Sat radio and GPS antenna through the 3rd brake light.

Attachments

• photo (20).JPG
    photo (20).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 952
  • photo (35).JPG
    photo (35).JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 614

I have a Kenwood unit.

If you have a smart phone, you may want to consider getting a smartphone compatible stereo like Pioneer's AppRadio. I believe there is another manufacturer making them too, can't remember though. Anyway, there is no sense paying for a Navigation unit, when you already have navigation service through your phone that is constantly updated.

I only buy dumb phones because I hate cells as it is, so I only use them for phone calls, plus, I only ever buy ruggedized phones, and the dumb ruggedized phones are a lot sturdier than the smartphone offerings. But things like the AppRadio have given me pause to consider going with smart phones instead.

Back