RickyG

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
Callsign
I
blwnsmoke thanks for the heads up on the newest recall. I just checked my vehicle which has a build date involved in this recall.

The yellow-colored protective convolute on the liquid fuel line is good to go on my vehicle.
  • Ford Explorer vehicles built Jan. 18-July 17, 2019
  • Lincoln Aviator vehicles built Jan. 15-July 17, 2019
    20191206_125728.jpg
Dealers will inspect vehicles for a full-length yellow-colored protective convolute on the liquid fuel line. If the convolute does not cover the full length of the liquid fuel line, dealers will remove the existing convolute, replace it with one that has the correct length and secure it with a tie strap. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19S49.
I've attached a photo for those that are interested ... again thanks for the heads up on the recall.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So your car had a build date in the range, but had the correct covering? Mine is just outside the build range. Is the pic taken from the underside of the car?

Yes sir my vehicle has the correct covering I took the photo from the top of the vehicle standing in front of the engine on the right hand side next to the firewall.

This recall alert showed up on the home page of my FordPass app today. Haven’t peeked under the hood yet.

Check your line it should be ok :)

Is that your picture RickyG? How did you get in there that close. I can't really tell by looking what constitutes full coverage or not. On mine the last inch looks like it's uncovered. I can't really tell where any rubbing would take place that this recall is warning against.

Yes sir I took the picture with my cell phone yesterday I just zoomed in on the fuel line ... there are connectors on each end of the line which should not be covered. And you are correct the line below it is nowhere near the yellow covered line.

Sounds like you're good to go also

This recall alert showed up on the home page of my FordPass app today. Haven’t peeked under the hood yet.
The build date on my vehicle was in June but it's not showing up on my Ford Pass

I've not had any TSB / recall notices show up on my FordPass

was kinda weird, Fordpass showed as recall for this on Friday and then looked today at Fordpass and it does not show a recall. It showed this item on my ST in ETIS Friday and still shows it there today. I am not confident that FordPass is always accurate and updated correctly.

was kinda weird, Fordpass showed as recall for this on Friday and then looked today at Fordpass and it does not show a recall. It showed this item on my ST in ETIS Friday and still shows it there today. I am not confident that FordPass is always accurate and updated correctly.

Mine disappeared as well.

I think mine might be affected. Can someone verify the portion of the towards the front of car? On mine the yellow protective cover is short and leaves a lot of the line exposed.

B823BBBD-BC7D-42D1-AFFC-BE0AF240D070.jpeg

blwnsmoke thanks for the heads up on the newest recall. I just checked my vehicle which has a build date involved in this recall.

The yellow-colored protective convolute on the liquid fuel line is good to go on my vehicle.
  • Ford Explorer vehicles built Jan. 18-July 17, 2019
  • Lincoln Aviator vehicles built Jan. 15-July 17, 2019View attachment 176297
Dealers will inspect vehicles for a full-length yellow-colored protective convolute on the liquid fuel line. If the convolute does not cover the full length of the liquid fuel line, dealers will remove the existing convolute, replace it with one that has the correct length and secure it with a tie strap. The Ford reference number for this recall is 19S49.
I've attached a photo for those that are interested ... again thanks for the heads up on the recall.
Thanks for the info. Can you post a wider shot so we can see where that hose is located in the engine bay?

Back