In search of covers for the opening in the grille for aftermarket lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In search of covers for the opening in the grille for aftermarket lights

Marauderleader

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Dayton Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Raptor SCREW 802a
I picked up a low mile PIU(2016) to play with, it had lights mounted in the factory position in the grille, I am looking for those coves, as I am not going to be installing lights. So, if someone has a set they want to sell, or just the part number, that would be a tremendous help.

TIA
D-

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picture?

The spots on either side of the top of the emblem.

34EA154F-2882-428D-98DD-8D7002CB7393.jpeg

Thanks for the pic. It seems that I've seen that before and someone replied with the items that you need for that. Haven't been able to track that down yet. I can't recall if they used the PIU Upfitters Guide or not. There are actual parts that seem to snap right in and look exactly like the rest of the grille.

Peter

Thanks for the pic. It seems that I've seen that before and someone replied with the items that you need for that. Haven't been able to track that down yet. I can't recall if they used the PIU Upfitters Guide or not. There are actual parts that seem to snap right in and look exactly like the rest of the grille.

Peter
You are correct, they just snap in place, I just haven’t been able to source any yet. I am certain someone on here has a set or the part #.

I wish I could find the picture I saw previously. It showed the grille and the 2 inserts but can't recall if it also showed the part number.

Peter

I have a set coming, I’ll see if they have a part #, or just a manufacturer code on them.

I picked up a low mile PIU(2016) to play with, it had lights mounted in the factory position in the grille, I am looking for those coves, as I am not going to be installing lights. So, if someone has a set they want to sell, or just the part number, that would be a tremendous help.

TIA
D-
I am also looking for one of those inserts as I had one fall out, or a curious person parted ways with one of mine.... Any help finding one (or a Ford part number) would be appreciated!

I am also looking for one of those inserts as I had one fall out, or a curious person parted ways with one of mine.... Any help finding one (or a Ford part number) would be appreciated!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Hopefully Marauderleader can supply some useful info on that. I was not able to find those inserts on any of the sites that supply For parts.

Peter

Hopefully Marauderleader can supply some useful info on that. I was not able to find those inserts on any of the sites that supply For parts.

Peter
Thank you for the welcome! I drive one of these for work and like to keep it looking relatively spiffy, even when my employer does not care about a missing part. When I could not find anything on Google I came hoping ya'll could help me out. Waiting to hear what Marauderleader discovers, otherwise I may be out of luck it seems. I have to think there are a ton of these discarded inserts out there, having been removed for LED install.

I have a set coming, I’ll see if they have a part #, or just a manufacturer code on them.
Hello Sir - Where did you find them? I just bought a 2016 and want to cover these up. I don't want to buy another grille.

Hello Sir - Where did you find them? I just bought a 2016 and want to cover these up. I don't want to buy another grille.

I reached out to a buddy who procured a couple of sets for me, otherwise, you need to buy a new grille.

Many thanks for supporting the forum through your Elite membership.:thumbsup:

Peter

Anyone get anywhere with this? If not, I can try to take a look at mine and see if there's a part number engraved.

I'm quite sure that those are Ford-specific and aren't available anywhere else.

Peter
That's correct. Your Ford parts dealer should be able to help you if you give them your PIU's VIN.

That's correct. Your Ford parts dealer should be able to help you if you give them your PIU's VIN.
They are not available as a separate part, you have to buy the grill assembly, as I was told, by the dealer I purchase our fleet parts from.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be getting a couple of amber flashers to mount there, when I do, I won't need the covers anymore. But it will probably be a while.

Back