In the hunt for a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In the hunt for a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport

Fentress24

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi all,

I have been lurking on the forum for a while now. After some test driving this weekend I have decided to buy a 2016 Ford Explorer Sport with 401a package and the pano sunroof. I am in the process of getting different prices from a couple different dealers. The first price I got was an MSRP of $51,640 a $47,598 sale price and a total out the door cost of $50,272. I was expecting something closer to mid $40's out the door. Am I shooting too low? Just wanted to get other owners opinions on this. I know there is a "what did you pay" thread already, but I didn't get all the answers i was looking for. Thanks for any help.

I am coming from a 2009 G37S 6mt
before that I had a Neon SRT-4 and the
First car I ever owned was a Forrest Green and Gold 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. Excited to get back into an Exploder.

Hopefully I can officially join the Explorer family before the end of the year.

Welcome to the forum. I cant help you with the price, I have no idea how much new vehicles cost.

Thanks Mike.

too much! I have always bought used until this. Might still move to used, but the used 2015's with 15-20k miles are running around $40k. If you can get new for $5k more, than it might be worth it.

Stressful, I hate car buying.

Back