INCOMING - Bought some Speedline Magnesium Saleen rims for 2000 Explorer Limited - ?s | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

INCOMING - Bought some Speedline Magnesium Saleen rims for 2000 Explorer Limited - ?s

Thanks, I was fishing for a vote. I bought their cheap 225/60/16 for my 95 Crown Vic, and I'm not thrilled with its wet traction. The Toyo has an odd tread pattern, which has been around for a long time. I hope it's a good one, because that's the one I'd like to try, plus the prices dropped about $25 a while back. It's about a $145 tire from the last time I checked.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Third shock Finally! arrived today. Going to try and get it installed on Friday.

Attachments

• 20151021_220424.jpg
    20151021_220424.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 155

Went ahead and installed the third shock today and cut off a bit of the rear bump stops while it was being done.

The third shock seems to have removed the last of the minor vibrations and other things I noticed that still were lingering.

Overall with the new shocks and lowering in addition to the 18" Magnesium wheels, the handling and ride is night and day better than it was stock!

Went ahead and installed the third shock today and cut off a bit of the rear bump stops while it was being done.

The third shock seems to have removed the last of the minor vibrations and other things I noticed that still were lingering.

Overall with the new shocks and lowering in addition to the 18" Magnesium wheels, the handling and ride is night and day better than it was stock!

It feels a whole lot safer at speed now doesn't it Jim?

An SUV is top heavy and roll overs are the most common totaling wreck, so what you've done helps that a lot. It's more fun and safer too. :)

It feels a whole lot safer at speed now doesn't it Jim?

An SUV is top heavy and roll overs are the most common totaling wreck, so what you've done helps that a lot. It's more fun and safer too. :)

Yes much safer. The improvement is significant. Hard to understand why these type of things were not done on the vehicle to start with!

Great stuff Jim, lots of great pictures there.

Are you done for now to drive it a while? You've done a ton so far and more than most.

Yes for the time being. With the holidays coming up going to be very busy so will be just enjoying it during that time.

Probably start next year on exhaust, headers and engine.

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope that all the photos and info will help others on any quest to do something to their Explorer. I've thoroughly enjoyed the process.

The ideas of others has shaped a lot of vehicles here, that's the greatest benefit of these forums.

Back