Independence Day weekend event? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Independence Day weekend event?

greenmtnboy said:
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. :D I went out on a trail last night, it was probably a intermediate level trail. :p It goes for about 1.5 - 2.5 miles before there is another access into it, then it turns to the right. I'll have to check it out some more when I get a chance. It was a pretty cool run though. Later - Nate
What was it called? What was it off of? Was it near Chatteguay or up off Bridgewater Center Rd?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is off the Notch Rd. extension in Mendon. It is 10 minutes from RutVegas. It is an old fire trail. I was told the other trail if I followed it would come out in Shrewsbury. So that part of the trail could be 5-10 miles long not including the part I went on the other day. I'll check it out more when I get a chance. Later - Nate
P.S. Happy Easter

Thanks Matt for getting up at the wee hours of the morning (9 am) to help a stranded motorist! Me.

Note to self: Motorcycles need charged batteries just like cars and trucks do. :rolleyes:

D'oh!

OK, folks, I'm gonna motion that we try for a camping trip on this weekend. Reason being is this is really best as a multi-day event considering the distance for most and what the location has to offer. Whereas the cape is a beach most can get to with relative ease, and it can be thoroughly enjoyed in a day. Opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

Iam working Saturday. Cant make it

izackary said:
OK, folks, I'm gonna motion that we try for a camping trip on this weekend. Reason being is this is really best as a multi-day event considering the distance for most and what the location has to offer. Whereas the cape is a beach most can get to with relative ease, and it can be thoroughly enjoyed in a day. Opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

Take a day off. Or just show up after work.

izackary said:
Take a day off. Or just show up after work.

I second that one Ike :thumbsup:

I just got off the phone with my pop and he's very into going. Keep in mind for those who don't know, maybe 5 people or so can easily sleep in one leanto.

izackary said:
I just got off the phone with my pop and he's very into going. Keep in mind for those who don't know, maybe 5 people or so can easily sleep in one leanto.

Ike, that's cool that your dad wants to come :thumbsup:

Word. :afro:

green_mtns said:
Be there, I will. :D

I just need to know cost and such and whether there will be enough people going. I need 2 weeks advance time to get the Monday before July 4th off.

If all falls into place the way I hope, I'll be there too. I just need directions, I'm really bad with trying to follow maps.

Anyone still interested in going? I plan to finally get in touch with the forest probably today since I'll be up in that direction.

izackary said:
Anyone still interested in going? I plan to finally get in touch with the forest probably today since I'll be up in that direction.

The decided dates were for July 1st to the 4th right? Grotton State park? I can be there (Friday night?) Saturday and Sunday.

- Dan

Sorry, I would have already had to request a personal day by the 16 of June. It bites no one was interested enough earlier so that this would have been nailed down and I would have requested the time off already......ah well, another time I guess.

Already have my summer vacation plans tentatively decided, will cement them down by the end of July. My plan is to spend August 11-17 in Vermont (Motel 6 in Colchester, cheapest I could find :D)and leave the morning of the 18 and head for the Cape......nice 10 day vacation :thumbsup:

As far as the 4 Wheel Jamboree, Ike, you know what it was like for me last year as far as walking around. Also since I don't have as much ready cash as some of you do, I want to get the most out of my vacation time, so the 11 through 20th will be it for me......that is unless you set up another weekend Cape trip, but it would have to be in September, since I have to spend any extra money after getting back from vacation getting my youngest outfitted for school

Have a fun time, Sandy. I'm sure if you look up local newspaper sites or radio stations you might find some nice events to catch.

Back