• Register Today It's free!

Inexpensive rear wheel hubs?

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I am looking to replace the wheel bearings in the rear of my 02 explorer, and figured I'd do the wheel hubs too. Are there any inexpensive hubs I can purchase? I found some ebay hubs with bearings for ~$25 or so, and was thinking of replacing the probably crab bearings with some good ones. Just not sure on the hub quality, if that even matters...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure on the quality but for that price, you can't go wrong if you're doing the labor.

You'll need to bring in the spindles, too. Then it is a plug-N-play.

Cool sounds good. Thanks

I have bought the same one's you linked front and rear. they seem to be holding up alrite. I have 15kish miles on them. doing ok atm.

edit. they are made in china per what the box say's. so with that said it's all on how u feel about using them.

I have bought the same one's you linked front and rear. they seem to be holding up alrite. I have 15kish miles on them. doing ok atm.

edit. they are made in china per what the box say's. so with that said it's all on how u feel about using them.

Gotta be better than some rusted old hubs with 140k on them right?

Is there anywhere that I can buy a hub, knuckle, and bearing assembly?

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, I mean as one assembled piece

Back