• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Inexpensive rear wheel hubs?

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I am looking to replace the wheel bearings in the rear of my 02 explorer, and figured I'd do the wheel hubs too. Are there any inexpensive hubs I can purchase? I found some ebay hubs with bearings for ~$25 or so, and was thinking of replacing the probably crab bearings with some good ones. Just not sure on the hub quality, if that even matters...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Dave8338

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0L
Not sure on the quality but for that price, you can't go wrong if you're doing the labor.

Dave8338

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0L
You'll need to bring in the spindles, too. Then it is a plug-N-play.

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Cool sounds good. Thanks

name420420

Reaction score
City, State
Fairmont,West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer 4.6L
I have bought the same one's you linked front and rear. they seem to be holding up alrite. I have 15kish miles on them. doing ok atm.

edit. they are made in china per what the box say's. so with that said it's all on how u feel about using them.

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
I have bought the same one's you linked front and rear. they seem to be holding up alrite. I have 15kish miles on them. doing ok atm.

edit. they are made in china per what the box say's. so with that said it's all on how u feel about using them.

Gotta be better than some rusted old hubs with 140k on them right?

hockeyadc

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Is there anywhere that I can buy a hub, knuckle, and bearing assembly?

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, I mean as one assembled piece