• Register Today It's free!

Infinity Kappa Perfect's?

Frshpwdr2k

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 V6 SOHC
Allright i have finally saved up some money for a new system in my ride. I want it to be stealth, so I have opted to put it in the rear enclosure. Someone suggested to me that i buy the Q-Logic box and put an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10 in it.
1) Is this going to sound good?
2) How much power do I need for this bad boy 2 sound good?
Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should give it at least 300 watts rms. in such a small sealed enclosure 350 is probably better.

Amp?

Allright thanx man, what would a good amp to get be?
Thanx alot

the Profile CL400 will provide enough power and doesnt cost a fortune. the Lightning Audio B.300.2 is even cheaper and still puts out 300w RMS.

if you want to spend more, there are lots of amps out there. but you dont need to spend a lot of $$ since you are using a stealth box anyway. either of these two amps will do fine.

What type of radio is in there now. Is it the factory or aftermarket. If you have afactory you will need something with speaker level inputs.
How much are you willing to spend. You dont want to buy a cheap amp that says it 500 watts but only cost $150.
I would buy a mono class D sub amp to run the box seeing you only have one sub. You could do a 2 channel and bridge it but your sound quality goes down along with the ability of the amp to control the sub (damping factor),and your distortion goes up.
It is better to have to more power than not enough.
What you have to watch out for is what I call the lighting factor which is, Yeh that amp will make a 1000 watts when lighting hits it.
Give me some info on what type of music youlisten to and how loud you like it, and a price range.

Info

Allright,
First I am willling to spend about $1000-$1500 thought i would more like the thought of an amount closer to $1000. I have the factory deck in right now which came with the premium sound system. If it would really be worth it to replace it, I could do that. As for my music, I listen to many types, like Rock and Rap. The kind of bass i want is something i can feel, and can hit the lows, and be heard with but i dont wanna go deaf. Allright, thanx man
Broderick

if you want bass you can feel, then a stealth box wont do it. sorry. it doesnt have enough airspace.
if you want something powerful without giving up lots of space, and in the $1K range, this is a great setup:

any good headunit with at least 4volt preamp outputs.
Audiobahn A275HCX amp
Audiobahn ACAP2 24volt capacitor (30 volt surge)
Audiobahn AW1205X subwoofer

this is a setup similar to what i used to have in my explorer. i have also done this in other vehicles. nobody can believe that it is only one subwoofer. my wifes parents even had me install this setup in their minivan.

i cant even describe how amazing it sounds. you wouldn't even know what to expect, until you heard it for yourself. the SQ and the SPL are amazing.

AudioBahn repuatable?

Yo just a question,
Is AudioBahn a reputable company and do they make a good product? I have seen them sell it on www.sounddomain.com i think.
Also, i am only able to put a 10 into the stealth box, so i was looking on sounddomain, what is a 10 thats bout the same price range?
Thanx

yes Audiobahn is a great car audio manufacturer.
like i said, you wont get super bass from a stealthbox.
are you sure you want a stealthbox? sure they are totally out of the way, but the sound and performance suffers. if you are going to stick with the stealthbox, you might as well go with the Perfect 10"

i'm just trying to help you out. i dont want to see you spend all that money, and be dissapointed.

Thanx

Hey i really appreciate the help. If i could have it my way I would get a huge box and all, but I am consistently utilizing my car for its space so i need the most possible. Thats why I am going for a stealth box. So with this in mind, u would go for a Kappa perfect? I reall appreciate the help alot, any and all ideas are great. Thanx alot
Broderick

yes, the Kappa perfect will sound fine. and either of those amps i mentioned before will be perfect for it. good luck

Check out carmedia1.com they have awsome deals! Infinity perfect 12s' for $189 Much betyter than 300$ every where else.

Nice

Nice, ill check it out, thanx guy

Dude, you better make sure you get all of the specs straight first with the Kappa perfect and Q-Logic box, cause you're cutting it REALLY close if at all. The Depth requirements of the Kappa is something like 5 13/16" deep, and the Q-Logic box has a max depth of 5.691". (All specs from Crutchfield). This means the sub won't fit. Call ahead and make sure, just in case the numbers are wrong.

go on ebay...they have dutch auctions for the Kappa's and you can get them for like $150. I got my 12 inch perfect on there... it sounds great...its a very clear sub. If you want somehting that is going to pound...and rattle, i wouldn't suggest the perfect... I mean it hits but its more for sound quality...but thats all your preference... I prefer quality. I would also reccomend a new headunit..it makes a huge difference...

Listen to JTang. I've been told that the Perfect's won't fit in the Stealthbox. If I were you, I would look into getting a custom box made to fit into the same space as the Stealthbox does. I'm getting one made out of fibreglass that will have .9 cu ft of air space for my new a/d/s/ 310rs.2 sub. If you end up not doing a Stealthbox and get the Perfects, make sure you get the .1 series (10.1/12.1) since the earlier ones had a tinsel lead problem (They broke. A lot.).

peace

Mike

I can tell you first hand that the perfect DOES NOT fit in the stealthbox. It sticks out about 1/2" inch. A friend of mine bought the two and was pretty pissed. Just thought I'd save you from some frustration.

Thanx guys, thats good 2now

Allright well thanx guys, glad i have realized this now. SOOO, with the Kappa out of the way, what subs would u recommend putting in the box? Oh yeah, and where do i hook up a custom box? that sounds kinda nice, is it gonna be alot more? Than, lates
Broderick

Ok...some of you guys have stated the Perfect will not fit in the "Stealthbox"...are you saying it won't fit in JL Audio's "Stealthbox" or are we refering to Q-logics Q-Custom?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was referring to the q-logic box specifically, but I dont think it will fit in the JL box either. I know the jl 10w3 wont fit in the jl box and I think that the perfect is deeper than that one, but I could be wrong.

Back