info on the new 5.0 Cammer engine for the next Mustang | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

info on the new 5.0 Cammer engine for the next Mustang

sorry sport wont work without alot of fenderwell beating, tranny swap, and money, let alone prayers to god. lol. alot better off either getting a newer gen explorer and swapping then or just swapping a OHV 5.0 instead of the cammer 5.0 into yours. sport 5.0's are pretty fast i hear. they are so much lighter.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: 5.0 cammer engine

Originally posted by rocket 5979
i would be really jealous about you then saleen if you got that done. of course unless you got alot of money right now i will have already surpassed that number by then i hope.
hehe, 1st I gotta find a truck, we're still looking for an 03' 4.6 Mounty in Silver Frost with the lux package. I was thinking about dropping the 03' Cobra engine in as a suggestion by Troll/Bill and Blk Mk8, but an 03' Cobra engine goes for about 13,000 or more. I was planning on doing all the mods to the sohc 4.6 in the 1st place as the modular engines respond incredibly to mods, especially the dohc 4.6 which has to be the best responding engine ever made, especially on 03' Cobras;) .

But that Cammer 5.0 sounds incredible, I would drool all day listening to it scince IMO the dohc 4.6 is already about the best sounding engine made. Using a KenneBell twin-screw charger would make for one sick ride, the torque band would be incredible.....GO TWIN-SCREWS:D full boost at basically any rpm.

We're still looking, dealership called my mom the other day, same truck I want to find with those options, but it was white which I don't really like on the 3rd gen Explorers/Mountys. The Silver Frost is beautiful.

Also, I have pics of the 5.0 Cammer engine and CAD drawings of the 05' Mustang that I'll post when I find them.

How did you like that pic of the 05' Stang? I thought it was perfect, old school edge yet modern.....Ford representatives said that it represents what the 05' Stangs will look like, they'll preview it at that big Auto show next year.

ok, for some reason the pic of what the 05' Stang is going to resemble above in one of my other post isn't working now so here is a smaller version of it:

2005%20gt[1].jpg

Ford says if you like this concept, you'll be very pleased at the show and that you'll love what it will look like, theres no way they'd make the autoweek version cause not a single one would sell it's ugly azz. It'll end up a little smoother and modern, but this pic is as close to what it will actually look like compared to anything else so far.

That looks amazing. I like it a lot!

new mustang

i like the ****pit vent slots. those remind me sooo much of the old shelbys.

for the new mounty i would most definately get the 5.0 cammer versus the cobra dohc 4.6 same engine but more displacement? cannot beat that. seems to me that the cammer has all the advantages and no disadvantages that i know of so far. i mean come on!!!! bolt a twin screw right to it? that alone makes me want a new explorer too. if only they would have stayd with the 2nd gen body designs. i dont really like the new body front ends. and the rear hatch too. oh well it may grow on me.

would a 5.0 cammer with a twin screw beat Troll?

Here is the link another concept mustang.

Hey Silverblade James is right. Even with the cammer and twin screw it wont generate as much as the troll does. last i knew Troll was generating like mid 500's for rwhp and maybe even low 600's. so add 20 hp per 100 hp because of drivetrain loss and that is like well over 700 hp he is making at the flywheel. the cammer would probably make mid low 400's and with the s/c make about high 500's. so it would be like 200 hp behind. just to put it into another terms with the cammer and twin screw vs. troll. with the first setup you would make as much total flywheel horsepower as troll makes rearwheel horsepower. the cammer should(ON AVERAGE ) from what i know right now be able to put enough hp out to make a 4500 lb vehicle go into the the high 12's like 12.86 in the quarter mile. I forget what the new explorer weighs but i just used the old weights from gen 2's. troll has went 11.65 before. and the last run his trap speed was good enough where if it was calculated out could have run into high high 10's. either way the cammer 5.0 and a twin screw would be a pretty awesome setup. but not quite enough to hang with troll yet.

Originally posted by 99explorer5.0
Here is the link another concept mustang.
Thats the ugly concept that was featured in Autoweek that I was talking about, that pic has been floating around for a while now....fortunatley Ford is not using that model and is staying very closely with the design of the concept I posted. Ford knows they would not sell one of those nasty cars. There are a bunch of other concepts floating around......I'm content with Fords decision to use the model I posted as a basis for the next gen:D

Originally posted by SaleenEXP
2005%20gt[1].jpg

...It'll end up a little smoother and modern, but this pic is as close to what it will actually look like compared to anything else so far.

That is very similar to the pictures they have showed us. The convertible looks even better!

If you look at the link that i posted and then look at the car in that Photoshopped pic you will see that the major differnce is the rims that are on it and the one in the pic is convertable and the on that is Photoshopped is a hardtop. Look at the doors and look at the nose of both pics. They are pretty close to identical only major difference is the rims. I think a pic of the actual car is closer to the real thing than a photoshopped pic but oh well everyone has their opinions.

Originally posted by 99explorer5.0
If you look at the link that i posted and then look at the car in that Photoshopped pic you will see that the major differnce is the rims that are on it and the one in the pic is convertable and the on that is Photoshopped is a hardtop. Look at the doors and look at the nose of both pics. They are pretty close to identical only major difference is the rims. I think a pic of the actual car is closer to the real thing than a photoshopped pic but oh well everyone has their opinions.

This is true, but the pic above is closer to the pictures of the production car, than the convertible concept pictures are. Things like the windshield rake and height for example.

if you take a quick glance at both facing sideways it looks a little similar for a sec, but then you realize all the differences that make the autoweek one ugly:D There are a lot of differences between the autoweek and the one I posted that Ford has chosen to model the next gen after.

Also, the autoweek one is a 2 seater;) and a very fuggly one at that lol.

Like blichy said, I've talked to people who are working on the nest gen I met on stangnet and coral, and they all said it very closely resembles the pic I posted.

I have the CAD scans of the next gen body also that I'll post later on.

Ford said it'll be based on a hybrid platform using the DEW (from the LS and S-Type) and Focus platform.

Back