info on underdrive pulleys | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

info on underdrive pulleys

I find it hard to understand that nobody has tried underdrive pulleys or know were you can get them. I found 1 placed called zabeck but there is no phone # or email address. if anybody know of any place thank you. 2000 4.0 ohv or sohc from what i ve gaithered they are possibly will interchange

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, there is a Underdrive Crank Pulley. I used to have one on my old 4.0L OHV. The SOHC, and the OHV 4.0L motors use the exact same Crank Pulley/Balancer assembly.

I don't remember where I got mine from, but there was a small noticeable rise in power. It was JUST enough to break my transmission a few months later....Then I went to a V8, and NEVER looked back.

Ryan

i have a 96 5.0 EB will pulleys for a 5.0l GT (94 and older) work? i dont see why they wouldnt as long as the crank bolts are right. well i know there are more factors to it then that such as ribs in the belt and such but im sure someone has tried this. any luck anyone?

Nope, won't work.

The Explorer uses a Pulley & Balancer all in one assembly.....as well as the crank trigger wheel mounted to that.

The Mustang had a Balancer on the crank, then there was a Pulley bolted to it, and there was no crank trigger wheel.

There simply was no room between the engine and the radiator for Ford to use the Mustang Front Engine Accessory Dress (FEAD), so they had to use a more compact FEAD than what they already had available in their parts bins...

Ryan

what about a smog delete?

Smog Delete?

You need to stay off the Mustang Forums...

There is no Smog Pump on the Explorers.....Only REAL accessories that are needed.

Ryan

well less turning weight is a good thing i thought? im not on mustang forums just figured that it was a rule of thumb for ALL vehicles not JUST mustangs..?

well less turning weight is a good thing i thought? im not on mustang forums just figured that it was a rule of thumb for ALL vehicles not JUST mustangs..?
I think you misread Spdrcer34's post - there is NO smog pump on your engine, so you can't do a "smog delete" .

thanks IZ...

The only things that is on the Explorer FEAD belt:

Idler Pulleys
Tension Pulley
Water Pump
Power Steering
Air Conditioning Compressor
Alternator
Harmonic Balancer

I am in the process of deleting my A/C. I have already modified the Accessory Bracket, and now I am modifying the firewall mounted Heater Box, and deleting the A/C coil, and accumulator from that assembly.

thanks IZ...

The only things that is on the Explorer FEAD belt:

Idler Pulleys
Tension Pulley
Water Pump
Power Steering
Air Conditioning Compressor
Alternator
Harmonic Balancer

I am in the process of deleting my A/C. I have already modified the Accessory Bracket, and now I am modifying the firewall mounted Heater Box, and deleting the A/C coil, and accumulator from that assembly.

ok now this is the awnser i was looking for. thank you very much spdrcer and i understood him IZ i was just making a point that i wasnt asking because im on any certain forums just because its a rule of thumb.

Back