• Register Today It's free!

Information Center

2c0728

Reaction score
City, State
Mahwah NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Explorer XLT
I just got one and wanted to install it. Well, When i took out the pocket, No wires were there to plug in. Where are they? Is there a set of wires that need to be plugged into the harness? One would think that if the option came with the truck the wires would be there. No clue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wiring is only there for the ones that were supposed to have it... Otherwise, you have to do a lot of wiring yourself. Possibly not worth it, but it's up to you.

Do some searching- it is by NO means plug and play- you have a LOT of work ahead of you if you really want it... Only a few people have ever gone through and finished the task.

Do some searching- it is by NO means plug and play- you have a LOT of work ahead of you if you really want it... Only a few people have ever gone through and finished the task.

Not worth it in my opinion, unless you want to do it to learn about wiring.

There was a GM car in the late 80s that had a CRT message center that practically worked as a scan tool. Maybe something like that is worth the effort.

The later years don't even give you bulb out status. There is no sensor for low coolant which I think is ridiculous. Do you want an annoying beep everytime your washer fluid is low?

It's not worth it. Anyone want to buy it? 35 bucks + shipping

Back