• Register Today It's free!

Infotainment

Takix

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer xlt
So I have a 2014 Ford Explorer, and after I turn the car on I notice there are no lights on the computer systems in the car (the speed gauge display, the gas display, all those are blacked out with no illumination whatsoever. My vehicle has the Ford Sync Ver. 2 and none of the lights are on that as well. If I hold the power, I can get the infotainment center to power up (I see the Ford Splash welcome screen) But within seconds after that it says, "Powering off, to save battery" I was told that my vehicle had some electrical issues before hand. I have recently tested the battery, done a start test, and also checked the alternator, and all are in good working order with no fault lying on them.

I am able to drive the vehicle but have no access to the display showing my speed, my gas tank, etc. I also am unable to utilize the AC, and instead the heater gets blasted. I have googled about this issue online, and it seems to reside in the systems battery management system. Please advise on how I would pinpoint the true issue behind all this.

Thank you.

A bad or weak battery can create all kinds of havoc with these vehicles but I haven't heard of it affecting the dash display clusters or the MFT display. The low battery warning has to be coming on for a reason. A faulty BMS (battery Management System) perhaps. Hard to know what all transpired with the vehicle before you bought it or what exactly "some electrical issues" means.
There is a procedure to reset the BMS.

Battery Monitoring System (BMS) (first paragraph).
I don't know if this will fix the issue or not.

Peter

Was the battery load tested off the car? Checking the voltage etc doesn't necessarily tell the whole story, the BMS is very sensitive to potential issues.

Back