Ingelligent Access Key Programming with ForScan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ingelligent Access Key Programming with ForScan

dhonnoll

Reaction score
City, State
Nesbit, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
Hi, all. I have a 2013 Explorer 2.0 Ecobust Limited which has the push button start whatever you want to call it. I have ForScan and LOVE the utility. I know it allows me to access PATS and can program keys. The vehicle came to me used (hince the ecobust as I discovered WHY it was traded) so as a typical used vehicle I get a whopping 1 key. Will ForScan straight forward program all the Intelligent Access Keys if I just follow the steps on the screen? Do I need to have all the keys in the vehicle with me or leave one outside, use my admin key to access PATs. and then do the power off, bring the new FOB in and do the power on? Has anyone done these Intelligent Access Keys with ForScan?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The forscan forum has a pretty good walthough regarding pats programming for Fords. I don't know what the rules for hotlinking are so if you google Forscan Pats Explorer it should pop up.

Haven't programmed a IAK but when I did a IKT forscan didn't require a master. It just did it straight away with the new key inserted into the ignition.

I have done regular keys on my truck. In fact I eliminated the old key form my truck and would like to do that with this one. THAT IS PRETTY AMAZING that you did not have to have a previously working key I thought you had to at least have that to initially access the system. I know last night I took a key, turned it on, requested PATS it made me wait 10 min, insert new key cycle ignition then click OK or visa versa but that is with a regular key one. I guess I will see when my new FOB arrives Thursday. I hope it happens to be early and arrives tomorrow but that is wishful thinking.

I don't know why cars are being turned in with only 1 key. You are not the only one. To me that means that someone 'out there' has a key that will start your vehicle. I personally would insist that the dealer supply a 2nd set and possible change the programming so the 'missing' key would be useless.

Peter

That is what I did with my F-150. Won't be able to with this thing newest version of ForScan still does not support programming wireless ignitionless keys

I have done regular keys on my truck. In fact I eliminated the old key form my truck and would like to do that with this one. THAT IS PRETTY AMAZING that you did not have to have a previously working key I thought you had to at least have that to initially access the system. I know last night I took a key, turned it on, requested PATS it made me wait 10 min, insert new key cycle ignition then click OK or visa versa but that is with a regular key one. I guess I will see when my new FOB arrives Thursday. I hope it happens to be early and arrives tomorrow but that is wishful thinking.
So what was the verdict? Were you able to program the IAK using FORScan?

So what was the verdict? Were you able to program the IAK using FORScan?
Hopefully the member is still around. He hasn't been active here since Feb. 10th.

Peter

Back