Inhaling Aircraft Stripper | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Inhaling Aircraft Stripper

BonesDT

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4
I was just spraying some canned Aircraft Stripper for a few seconds. I gust of wind must have come by and I got a mist of it on my tongue. I washed my mouth out with a hose.

Should I be worried about this small amount? If it was any other shop chemical, I would laugh it off, but see'ing what this stuff does to paint, it's making me nervous.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
Just call your local poisin controll they will give the proper instructions. Any pharmacy can givemyoumthe number. Ask them as well.

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
I'm no doctor, but washing out immediately with copious amounts of water should be enough. I would do a simple test by licking a small painted object and see if the paint bubbles off. Just kidding, hope your fine.

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
Good thinking on the hose, that probably did the trick and washed away any amount that would have been harmful. That's about all you really could do, just the longer you kept rinsing out the better.

You could call the poison control center just in case. Otherwise just keep aware of any symptoms or problems, and you might want to keep the container handy to take with you to the doctor/ER if anything does happen.

BonesDT

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4
I'm OK, thanks guys. The warning label freaked me out plus the thought of my stomach/lungs stripping like paint!

WEAR YOUR MASK!

Naasau

Reaction score
City, State
Denver Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Explorer XLT
Wear? Or were you asking us cause you lost it?

J/k. Glad that you're alright!

BonesDT

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Westchester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Red '99 Sport SOHC 4x4
Oops, typo.

I'm still alive. I think I successfully neutralized & flushed all the toxins out of my body with copious amounts of alcohol.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
That always works... Just be careful of copious amounts of alcohol combined with aircraft remover off-gasses, if you happen to be a smoker. :D

firebreathing.jpg