inh's black 2000 XLS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

inh's black 2000 XLS

Here is a thread dedicated to my yet-to-be-named 2000 XLS, bought brand spanking used in Colorado with 151,000 miles on it in April 2009. Everything on the truck was stock aside from the stereo and a brand new IACV the previous owner put on :rolleyes: All that 'stock' stuff will soon to be 'fixed'

This truck will be primarily an offroad vehicle. I have a 95 XLT for driving around town ;) Gearing should be around 4.88 with 35 inch tires. The motor will remain stock except for intake and exhaust, and most likely the addition of a Comp Cams 410 camshaft.

Stock:

IMG_01031.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Transmission:
-External filter and axillary cooler

Exterior:
-Explorer Forum license plate frame

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrads on being elite inh

Future truck featured on my birthday cake the wifey made:

cakej.png

I guess you're supposed to take the pic of the cake before you eat a piece of it, whoops!

they Wife has some skills there.

Spent the last couple days slowly removing unnecessary crap from the truck, like the side skirts, door trim, and pin stripes. Then we went out to investigate the articulation with no rear sway and the front disconnected:

img0786czv.jpg

img07841.jpg

I've also got a trans temp and pressure gauge installed, as well as the CB install mostly complete:

img0503boc.jpg

Got rear-ended the other day thanks to a guy in a suburban not paying attention :( I made out better than he did though:

Need a rear hatch, bumper, and taillight. In reality though, I can use it just like it is until the tail light starts filling up with water. It's cracked but works fine..

Estimated repair cost: $2300
Check should be here any day now. Already found a replacement rear hatch for $125 :D

Nice X, hopefully you can get the damaged fixed caused by the non driving feller in the surbuban soon.
Suscribing !

Back