• Register Today It's free!

Injector socket

SCMark

Reaction score
City, State
Anderson, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997XLT
One of my injector sockets for the bottom end of the fuel injectors is damaged. These are the hard rubber inserts that go into a bore in the head at each intake port, and lock the lower end of the fuel injector into the head. I had a leak due to the o-ring at the fuel rail end of the injector gone bad, and sprayed fuel onto the top of the engine. The socket insert softened up do to being soaked with gas (figure that - a fuel system component deteriorating from exposure to gasoline) and some of it broke off when I pulled the injector out. Any ideas on where to get replacements?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get the whole set rebuilt for around $100/exchange. If one is bad you can bet the rest are soon to follow.

Bill

You can get the whole set rebuilt for around $100/exchange. If one is bad you can bet the rest are soon to follow.

Bill

The injectors are fine. It is the insert that the bottom end of the injector inserts in. I can't find any listed on any of the parts supply stores/sites that I know of.

There is no insert per se just an O-ring. They press into the head and are held down by the fuel rail.

Bill

There is no insert per se just an O-ring. They press into the head and are held down by the fuel rail.

Bill

The inserts I am writing about are the ones in the head. The injector has two o-rings, one at each end. The top of the injector plugs into the fuel rail, and the bottom of the injector plugs into the insert in the head. This is one time I wish I would have taken a picture. The counterbore in the head casting itself is too large for the injector to fit in, and the insert fills in between the counterbore and the injector. It also acts as an insulator for the injector.

fuel injector adapter

F77Z-9G512-AA
$3.87 each from Tasca Parts
PsngrRail.jpg

Back