Injectors wiring diagram? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Injectors wiring diagram?

galkaen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2001 XLS V6 4.0
Hi guys!

This is my first post! I've been reading the forum for a while and think you're a great crowd. I've never had the need for questions because almost everything its been asked and answered, (...or so I thought).

Anyway I've been playing with gasoline vapor for added fuel efficiency, but I'm at the point I would like to be able to turn my injectors on or off at will. The thing is the relay for the injectors is the same for the fuel pump and I want to use the fuel pump while the injectors are off. I'd be very grateful if someone help me with a schematic or wiring diagram.

Explorer 2001 XLS v6 4.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

deceleration control

. . . Anyway I've been playing with gasoline vapor for added fuel efficiency, but I'm at the point I would like to be able to turn my injectors on or off at will. . . Explorer 2001 XLS v6 4.0

The PCM basically disables the fuel injectors when the accelerator is released (TPS at idle) and the brake pedal is not depressed (brake pedal position switch open) to save fuel. If you have an air/fuel ratio meter it will show extremely lean under those conditions. How would your manual switch improve on that? You don't want to disable the fuel injectors when accelerating or cruising - you need the power and want to avoid detonation. You don't want to disable the injectors when stopping - the engine will die.

Thanks swshawaii for the links; as I suspected, I'm going to have to deal with each injector separately.

Hi 2000StreetRod!

The plan is to run the truck from idle to around 2K RPMs on gasoline vapor and switch to injectors beyond 2K. To accomplish this, I will be using an Arduino UNO micro-controller to switch between systems based on TPS and MAF input.

I might start a thread on this project if people are interested in fuel economy.

id be interested if you stated i thread i would follow it!!

interesting idea

. . . The plan is to run the truck from idle to around 2K RPMs on gasoline vapor and switch to injectors beyond 2K. To accomplish this, I will be using an Arduino UNO micro-controller to switch between systems based on TPS and MAF input.

I might start a thread on this project if people are interested in fuel economy.

That sounds like an interesting idea. I would like to hear more about it. I suggest that you start a thread in the "Hybrids, Electric, Hydrogen, Bio-diesel, E-85, Fuel Economy Discussion" forum. Click on "Forums" and then scroll toward the bottom and click on the forum.

Back