• Register Today It's free!

Injen Intake Installed

broken strut

Reaction score
City, State
CHIMOMAN VILLE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 White Sport
Installed and have a few questions to ask.

1. When I step on the throttle I can really hear it sucking in air. A lot of air. This can be heard in the cabin. When I let off it sounds like its exhaling. I checked all the clamps. Nothing loose. My l/100 km has increased by over 100km/ tank. From 560 to 670. It is reading 12.3/100.

2. No engine light coming on? What noises should I be listening for?

I will post up some pics. Install went pretty smooth . directions were awesome

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like everything is working fine. Is the car pulling like normal or better? You do know what turbos sound like and why you are hearing the exhaling right? thats called blow off, I'm pretty sure this thing has diverter valves but I would expect some exhaling to be a bit more obvious now that you have a intake on there and have pretty much removed the restrictive OEM airbox, that box is intended to quite things down.

My l/100 km has increased by over 100km/ tank. From 560 to 670. It is reading 12.3/100.

Wow! how do you get 560 a tank?? I only get 400. I must be doing something wrong. Is this premium gas or regular? Any other mod? I am planning to get the injen but not in stock around here. Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking? Also, is it really loud? I don't want too loud, as I will be installing the magnaflow catback this weekend. Thanks for your info!

Its definitely more responsive. I will check with my proscan tomorrow to check gains. This machine hauls ass.

Wow! how do you get 560 a tank?? I only get 400. I must be doing something wrong. Is this premium gas or regular? Any other mod? I am planning to get the injen but not in stock around here. Where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking? Also, is it really loud? I don't want too loud, as I will be installing the magnaflow catback this weekend. Thanks for your info!
I got it from carid.com. I use only premium fuel. Its not overly loud. More of a growl noise. I like it. Paid 224 for it. 30 bucks to get it here. Like the fact I am getting over 600 a tank. You mmust have a heavy foot and do a lot of city driving.. Good luck with the catback install.:salute:

Lol I also would like to know how these numbers are accomplished. Mine has left the city for 400km out of the 2600km I have on it now and I'm sporting a stout 400km per tank as well. Not terrible considering all city and also using premium, there is room for improvement though. My only mods are the Airaid intake and Magnaflow catback.

Lol I also would like to know how these numbers are accomplished. Mine has left the city for 400km out of the 2600km I have on it now and I'm sporting a stout 400km per tank as well. Not terrible considering all city and also using premium, there is room for improvement though. My only mods are the Airaid intake and Magnaflow catback.

Here's a pic of my litres/100km. This is after spending the day jumping on the throttle and going WOT all day. Drove my number up to 14.4 l/100km and for some reason I'm still getting 560 + to a tank. Now that I've gotten the new sound from the SRI out of my system. I will resume my normal driving pattern and hopefully get back to over 600 +km :) Maybe I have a good engine. I know some engines perform better than others for some reason. I thing the intake makes a difference.

mpg_zpsce5b6b3d.jpg

injen_zpse565bdba.jpg

2_zps612b3a50.jpg

3_zps24c00e62.jpg

4_zpsa3a71c11.jpg

Easy to install? notice any power gains?

Very easy install. Took a half hour. Yes there are noticeable power gains. Throttle response is better and mileage is waaaaaayyyyy better.

Nice! I have a 2013 Limited that needs more ummmfff

This looks great. Thank you for the pictures

Looks great! cant wait for the INJEN Non EcoBoost version to be out in April.......

Thanks broken Strut. Got my intake on order :p

Wow this looks really good! Thanks for the share!

Hi,
new to the group, looks good and interested in gains you can quantify....

but stunned that a cold air intake is IN the engine compartment sucking in engine heat and not getting air from outside...

or am I missing the outside air intake in the pictures ? :)

In my many tuned vehicles, tuning usually increases efficiency and IF driven normally will produce better mpg.... Never enough to pay for the tuning, but a nice side effect !

I believe with this setup the factory air duct still supplies fresh air relatively close to the filter if you look in the above pictures, the duct is located beneath where the mounting point is.

Yes it does and you can remove a portion of the front grill that restricts airflow into the box essentially creating a RAM affect. Noticed a slight difference.

Still waiting for the Non EcoBoost INJEN CIA

Yes it does and you can remove a portion of the front grill that restricts airflow into the box essentially creating a RAM affect. Noticed a slight difference.

Still waiting for the Non EcoBoost INJEN CIA

I haven't tried this on my Airaid but I may look at doing it if it is relatively simple to do just for curiosity sake.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dont be dumb like me and use a Sawzall.........when the blade bounces it isn't pretty.

Back